Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Briggs Intek vs. SnowMax

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
sharkbait

Briggs Intek vs. SnowMax
Original Message   Nov 30, 2007 12:00 pm
I think I've got it narrowed down to two now :) My dealer has a L10530 30" 10.5hp Intek and a P1524E 24" 14.5torque SnowMax professional for $150 more. What's the difference between the Briggs OHV Intek & OHV SnowMax? The Professional is 6" narrower but does it make up for it with a better engine? or is it the same engine just marketed different for a different model? Or could I just save myself $150 and gain 6 inches in width and have the same engine? On the Simplicity website it lists the models in HP while the dealer sheet I have it lists them in torque. I'll list it out for anybody that's interested. P1524E HP10.5 torque14.5, P1628E HP11.5 torque15.5, P1732E HP13 torque16.5. L9528 HP9.5 torque13.5. Anyways that's directly from their website and literature so that kind of helps me understand how Briggs compares their HP and Torque ratings.
Thanks again guys
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Talldog

Re: Briggs Intek vs. SnowMax
Reply #1   Nov 30, 2007 1:22 pm
This link might help explain the differences.

https://www.briggsandstratton.com/engine_power/category.aspx?cid=1&scid=11

borat

Re: Briggs Intek vs. SnowMax
Reply #2   Nov 30, 2007 2:14 pm
I brought up two pages at the B&S site and did a side by side comparison between the two engines.  From what I could garner,  the Intek Snow engine is short a few features.   The Snow Max has a slightly larger fuel tank, electric start, slightly different  (larger) muffler and a variable throttle.  Other than that, they're the same.  Some of this information was gathered by looking at the pictures provided.   The site doesn't go into too much detail between the two.   I know that my new Simplicity 9528 engine has all the features of the Snow Max but it doesn't say Snow Max anywhere on the motor.    I just says Intek Snow.
This message was modified Nov 30, 2007 by borat
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42