Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > 9526DLE

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
gradeful

9526DLE
Original Message   Nov 22, 2007 10:47 am
Yea so I just realized the recall that was issued in may for the briggs motors........I knew I should have gone with tecumseh oh well.  Anyway, what do they cover in this recall, is it simply a carbeurator modification or is it a full engine replacement, and would it be worthwhile you think if I simply just asked the dealer to put on a tecumseh engine instead?  Wouldnt mind the cost if it fixed the issue forever
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Snowmann

Re: 9526DLE
Reply #1   Nov 22, 2007 6:56 pm
Spark arrestor installed to carb, heater box internal baffle is trimmed for clearance for the spark arrestor, and a relief valve is installed in-line on the primer line. Minor amount of modification really.
borat

Reply #2   Nov 25, 2007 3:53 pm
Snowmann wrote:
Spark arrestor installed to carb, heater box internal baffle is trimmed for clearance for the spark arrestor, and a relief valve is installed in-line on the primer line. Minor amount of modification really.

Excuse my ignorance but I'm having trouble understanding what you've said.  Would you please clarify the the following:

Spark arrestor installed to carb - What does that mean? 

Heater box internal baffle is trimmed for clearance for the spark arrestor - Where's the heater box?  Are you referring to the plastic cowling around the carb?

When they did the recall on my B & S engine, they said they just replaced the primer components.   

This message was modified Nov 25, 2007 by borat
Snowmann

Reply #3   Nov 26, 2007 12:28 am
borat wrote:
Excuse my ignorance but I'm having trouble understanding what you've said.  Would you please clarify the the following:

Spark arrestor installed to carb - What does that mean? 

Heater box internal baffle is trimmed for clearance for the spark arrestor - Where's the heater box?  Are you referring to the plastic cowling around the carb?

When they did the recall on my B & S engine, they said they just replaced the primer components.   

The rework kit involves adding a spark arrestor to the carb.  There's not enough room in there for the spark arrestor they've used so there is some trimming of an internal baffle in the heater box.

Yeah, a heater box is the plastic (metal on Tecumseh) shroud around the intake.

If they just replaced the primer components then they are negligent and you may still have a hazardous unit. You should call and clarify what they did or pop open the heater box to look for the spark arrestor screen.

PK
borat

Reply #4   Nov 26, 2007 1:43 pm
I have had it apart and there is a circular  screen over the carburetor intake.  Is that what you're talking about?

Thanks for the help by the way.

Snowmann

Reply #5   Nov 26, 2007 10:33 pm
borat wrote:
I have had it apart and there is a circular  screen over the carburetor intake.  Is that what you're talking about?

Thanks for the help by the way.

That's it alright...
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42