Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Your help needed - Toro 1028lxe or Ariens 1130DLE

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
splitslim

Your help needed - Toro 1028lxe or Ariens 1130DLE
Original Message   Nov 8, 2007 2:00 pm
I've been researching for a couple of months now.  Today is the day you help me make the decision.  I live in Southern Ontario, Canada, where we can expect numerous snow storms and good accumulation during the winter.  I have a 2 car wide, 50' long drive way.

I have narrowed my search down to the Toro 1028LXE and the Ariens 1130DLE.  The Toro up here is $1899 and the Ariens is $1749.  I would like to make a decision today and buy one of these units with your help.

I'm leaning towards the Toro because of the plastic parts (yes, I think they are a positive, especially after reading posts in this forum) and the Chute control.

Your opinions are appreciated.

Thanks!
Replies: 6 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
skadoo4u

Re: Your help needed - Toro 1028lxe or Ariens 1130DLE
Reply #6   Nov 15, 2007 10:51 am
I have a new toro 1028 and a 3 year 1028 white commercial.........the toro is much lighter and easier to handle,,,but the white, like the ariens  is much stronger and heavier.....both run tecumseh snow king engines.. its a matter of  what you want.....
This message was modified Nov 15, 2007 by skadoo4u
borat

Re: Your help needed - Toro 1028lxe or Ariens 1130DLE
Reply #7   Nov 15, 2007 5:50 pm
I just bought a brand new 9.5 h.p. 28" Simplicity for $400.00 CDN less than you paid for the Toro.  It has the B&S overhead valve engine, trigger release wheel lock, cast iron auger gear drive housing, excellent chute and deflector controls and it's built like a tank.  I used that hammering, noisy Tecumseh L head  for 12 years and I'll tell you, the OHV engine is a real treat by comparison.  You would have done yourself a favour by looking at the Simplicity.  Four hundred bucks will buy a lot of gas. 
This message was modified Nov 15, 2007 by borat
Replies: 6 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42