Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Purchased the Ariens 924DLE model today

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
coyote32us

Purchased the Ariens 924DLE model today
Original Message   Nov 6, 2007 8:29 pm
Bought my first snowblower today from a reputable dealer.   The ariens 924DLE model can't wait for the snow.  Thanx for the input.  Read the other threads and used the advice and knowledge.  Even in the negotiations of price.  I am pleased.  I will be mindful of maintenance and care and hopefully this workhorse will last 15-20 years.  Great website thanx again.
Replies: 2 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
ducats

Re: Purchased the Ariens 924DLE model today
Reply #2   Nov 7, 2007 5:58 pm
The 924 DLE is a nice machine.  I'm looking at that one and the Toro 828 LXE right now.  What did you end up paying for the Ariens?  They're priced at $1399 around here and the dealers don't seem too interested in discounting them.
ziggster

Re: Considering a new Ariens 924 DLE purchase? CHECK THIS OUT !!
Reply #3   Nov 10, 2007 11:12 am
I have a MINT CONDITION John Deere 924DE, which was manufactured by Ariens for Deere.  It is identical to the Ariens 924 DLE.  This snowblower was purchased new for $1400 from a John Deere dealer in 2002 in Virginia.  The man that purchased it used it ONE TIME and subsequently was critically injured in a  motorcycle accident.  He recovered from his injuries and now is moving to Hawaii.  This unit has been sitting unused in his upscale home's climate controlled garage next to his restored 1964 Corvette.  It is truely SHOWROOM MINT CONDITION.  It has the Tecumseh Snow King engine, both pull and electric starting, locking differential, headlight and is absolutely identical to an Ariens  924DLE.   It was not stored with gas and starts right up and runs perfect.  I have never seen anyone with a used piece of equipment in better condition than this.  Most people could not tell this is not a brand new machine !!  It truly has only been used once, and it shows !!  Every bolt and the original paint is still show-room shiny clean and not a scratch on it !  Impeller has no scratches either !  Tires are still like new.  Virgina is a great place to find a used snow blower, as we typically get very little snow, and have had a total of about 10 inches in the last 5 years combined.  I will take $975 for this snowblower and can accept a credit card through Paypal.  Email for pictures and more info to sunnparker@msn.com

I am located in Charlottesville, Virginia within 60 miles of two major North/South corridors.  I-95 to the east and I-81 to the west.  Very easy to pick.

--Ed

This message was modified Nov 11, 2007 by ziggster
ziggster

Reply #4   Nov 16, 2007 7:49 am
Sold the John Deere 924DE for $935.
coyote32us

Re to Ducats
Reply #5   Nov 23, 2007 8:44 am
The 924DLE was priced at 1399 here as well.  Through some negotiating and active listening on my part I got him to go down 200 dollars from the floor price. Thanx to this site i never would of thought of negotiating for a snowblower.  They definetly do not seem interested in dropping price the dealers.  But once you get them to go down once they probably will go down a little more.  Just listen for ques and go in for the kill.  Salesmen and dealers are people too and everybody likes making a sale as long as everyone walks away happy.  Its fun.
Moderator Denis

Reply #6   Nov 23, 2007 2:18 pm
coyote32us wrote:
Bought my first snowblower today from a reputable dealer.   The ariens 924DLE model can't wait for the snow.  Thanx for the input.  Read the other threads and used the advice and knowledge.  Even in the negotiations of price.  I am pleased.  I will be mindful of maintenance and care and hopefully this workhorse will last 15-20 years.  Great website thanx again.

Good choice, I'm pretty sure that your snow_eater will last forever but dont let the rust notch the steel!

Happy winter and a lot of snow for your new baby.

borat

Purchased the Ariens 924DLE model today
Reply #7   Nov 23, 2007 5:24 pm
I bought a new Simplicity 9528 with the steel chute.  Knowing that sooner or later, clearing end of driveway clearing will pass a lot of sand and stones through it, I made a bit of a modification.  I lined the inside of the chute with a piece of Krazy Kapet.   That's those inexpensive pieces of plastic that kids use to slide down hills.  Fortunately, the chute on the Simplicity seem ideally suited for this.   Took a little fitting and cutting but it looks pretty good.  I put the slippery side out so the snow will have very little resistance.   No  holes had to be drilled.  The Simplicity chute had two holes conveniently located at the bottom front and I used the deflector bolt to attach one side at the top.   I doubt that it will require 2nd hole at the top on the opposite side.   By leaving one side at  the top free, it will allow the plastic to conform with the shape of the chute while under pressure from the snow moving through it.  Well, that's my theory anyway.  This is my first attempt at this so, we'll have to wait to see how it work.     
Replies: 2 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42