Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Snowblower for a really steep driveway

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
automatic1stdown

Snowblower for a really steep driveway
Original Message   Oct 30, 2007 2:40 pm
I was hoping to get some advice on snowblowers for a really steep paved driveway.  We just moved into a new home that has a 200' driveway that I anticipate will be a PITA to snowblow this winter.  The steepest part is at the top 1/4 and I have to use a walkbehind mower on the lawn because my Husqavarna lawn tractor can't make it up the incline.  Just walking up the driveway when completely dry is a chore.

My first thought was to buy a track-drive snowblower, but these seem to be a rarity in today's market for some reason.  It looks like Honda and Ariens make track-drive snowblowers, but they're really pricey (starts at $2k and up!).  Is it safe to use a wheel-drive snowblower on my steep driveway?  There are some wheel-drive models that have peaked my interest, but I'm worried the tires will slip.  My biggest fear is the wheels will slip and the snowblower will slide backward into me!  I suppose I could use tire chains, but won't that damage the pavement and negate any cost savings of a wheel-drive over a track-drive?

Thanks in advance

Replies: 1 - 10 of 10View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 10 of 10View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42