Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Honda HS35 Runs too fast

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
rbreeding

Honda HS35 Runs too fast
Original Message   Oct 11, 2007 8:35 pm
Just rebuilt the carb on a nice old Honda HS35 I picked up cheap atr a garage sale. I know they are suppose to run fairly high RPMs but this one seems very extreeme. Starts easy on the first pull but there seems to be no self flutter or regulation to the top side RPM. I am not positive I have the springs set up correctly on the lever that i think should balance the idle based on load. Or  I could be wrong. I live in michigan and I was going to give this to my fatherinlaw but I am afraid if he picke up a walnut off his driveway this thing would send it into orbit!!!.

Any advice or schematics would be appreciated.

Thanks,

RB

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
tsmagas

Re: Honda HS35 Runs too fast
Reply #1   Nov 23, 2007 8:08 pm
your govenor on the motor must be bad
borat

Re: Honda HS35 Runs too fast
Reply #2   Nov 24, 2007 11:30 pm
Have you measured the actual  maximum operating speed r.p.m.?  Have you referenced a manual to find specified maximum operating r.p.m.?  If you have not, I recommend you do so.  You can buy an inexpensive but accurate electronic tachometer that operates by wrapping a wire around the spark plug lead.  It also doubles as an hour meter.  Here's a link to a good quality unit (model 51) for $35.00.  www.redingtoncounters.com.

If you confirm that r.p.m. are too high, you'll have to figure out what type of governor the engine uses.  Some are simple throttle set screws others are vane/spring actuated.  Once you establish the governing method, you can determine what is causing it to malfunction.  

This message was modified Nov 26, 2007 by borat
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42