Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro Personal Pace transmission

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Deke

Toro Personal Pace transmission
Original Message   Apr 22, 2007 9:40 pm
I have a Toro Recycler mower model 20017. It's logged a lot of hours in the past 4 years without a problem - until last fall when the personal pace self-propel system stopped "helping". Over the winter I replaced the traction cable (which had a small kink in the sheathing), the drive belt (as long as I was at it, right) and the broken handle spring. Greased, oiled and shined her and waited for spring. ....  Well spring is here and unfortunately, there was no improvement!

Any suggestions where to look next? Seem's like opening up the transmission is all that is left, but I'm hoping there's an adjustment somewhere that I did not notice. Ideas?

Replies: 4 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
lagace103

Re: Toro Personal Pace transmission
Reply #4   May 29, 2007 4:14 pm
Pull the blade off and remove the drive pulley that the blade is attached. Check to see if the pulley is grooved. My dealer says that it lasts about 4 years with normal use. This pulley costs $15. Note there is a spacer washer in the bottom of the pulley housing that needs to be removed and placed in the replacement housing before reattaching the blade. Not doing this will result in binding the pulley assembly into the bottom of the drive flange and not allow the blade to move. Also check the transmission pulley for the same wear patterns. I had your problem and this fixed it perfectly.
This message was modified May 29, 2007 by lagace103
Replies: 4 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42