Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Summertime problem with Ariens 924LE

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
sailor77077

Summertime problem with Ariens 924LE
Original Message   May 29, 2007 1:46 pm
Hola,

Just some background.  I bought an Ariens 926 LE new this year.  I used the entire season and after getting the belts adjusted correctly  it did the job.  I did have some trouble with pull starting (even when warmed, it  wasn't happening) and with it riding  up on EOD piles.

Now, here's my concern.  I  have an oil leak.  It is coming from the differential on the auger.  It is a clear oil with a high viscosity.  I noticed this because I moved the machine a few weeks ago and there was an oil spot on the concrete floor.  I tried to tighten up the bolts and only got about 1/4 of one turn out of one of them.  The others were tight enough that I didn't want to put any more torque on them.  I wiped the differential clean and put a rag under it--5 days later, more oil on the casing and 10 days later, a drip.

During the season, there were no leaks and no debris  was ever picked up by the machine (I was the only user).  Now, 3 months later, the  leak.  Anyone have any ideas?  My guess is that a gasket has gone bad, but it just doesn't sound right happening in the sumertime.  I would have expected the seals to expand with the heat.

Anyway,  I'm planning that I will have to replace the seal and the lube--any advice?  This Ariens continues to frustrate me

Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42