Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 1336 pro Boat anchor

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
heyyip

Ariens 1336 pro Boat anchor
Original Message   Apr 5, 2007 11:00 am
I bought this machine because I needed a rugged machine that would last me. I would rather purchase a "Tim Taylor" machine rather than fuss with an inferior one. This beast has 13hp, 36" wide, locking diff, heated hand grips, light, elec start, ect.... I have a 100 foot paved driveway. It has snowed 4 times since I purchased it, and it has broke down on me 3 times.  everything from a factory recall that i wasnt notified of, so it burned belts (4)!!, to nuts & bolts falling out, chute breaking, auger stops turning, wheels stop driving, etc.... The dealer has a special place for it in his shop that they dont fill when it is at my place. I believe this machine would last forever,  if i dont use it. The dealer stood behind me 100% when I told them enough is enough I wanted something done, money back, or a replacement. Now it has snowed today, 20", I have a bad back and have to shovel while the ariens company sits on my $3000.00. Anybody else have this problem?
Replies: 104 - 113 of 113Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
aa335

Re: Ariens 1336 pro Boat anchor
Reply #104   Mar 23, 2009 5:52 pm
terrier wrote:

AA355 seems very concerned about factual accuracy so I can't help pointing out that rabbits aren't rodents, as stated in his post. They are Lagomorphs, a different group altogether. AA335 will probably say I've never really seen a rabbit and don't what I'm talking about.

Thanks for the chronology. 

I stand corrected as I do not know this mammal order classification.  Biology or taxonomy is neither my interest or strong suit.  Visually, the rabbit Lagomorphs resembles a rodent, yet it is an herbivore.  They are a rodent in my classification as I like to keep them out of my yard.  They like to feast on my garden.  I know, they have to eat. 

You know your rabbits.   Pardon my ignorance.

This message was modified Mar 23, 2009 by aa335
iLikeOrange

Reply #105   Mar 23, 2009 6:50 pm
....here comes Peter cottentail hoppin down the bunny trail..

aa335

Reply #106   Mar 23, 2009 10:07 pm
iLikeOrange wrote:
....here comes Peter cottentail hoppin down the bunny trail..

Careful Orange, you're dating yourself.  :)

This message was modified Mar 23, 2009 by aa335
coasteray

El Toro! 1028 LXE
Tecumseh 358cc
10hp

Reply #107   Mar 24, 2009 3:28 am
My eyes have long-ago glazed over about this thread.  What was the topic about to begin with, anyway?  My finger isn't strong enough to go back to the top.  I'm going back to Disneyland.

El Toro! 1028 LXE - Tecumseh 358cc 10hp   Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!
iLikeOrange

Reply #108   Mar 24, 2009 9:16 am
aa335 wrote:
Careful Orange, you're dating yourself.  :)

So you remember that eh?...

: >)

I just read the OP from 2007 and my answer is no.

Back on track now.

Orange

Knee_Biter

Wicked Pissa

Reply #109   Mar 24, 2009 7:15 pm
Zip a dee doo-dah, zip a dee ay
My, oh my, what a wonderful day.
Plenty of sunshine headed my way.

Mister bluebird on my shoulder
It's the truth, it's actual.
Everything is satisfactual.

Wonderful feelin'.
Wonderful day.

Bill_H

Reply #110   Mar 25, 2009 10:16 pm

Who the hell let all the morning people run things?
iLikeOrange

Reply #111   Mar 26, 2009 8:09 am
" :^)

sg1efc

Reply #112   Jan 10, 2011 1:04 pm
cloggedchute wrote:
My Ariens kept clogging and dumping "logs" of wet snow instead of throwing the snow - I was unhappy - especially after reading this thread and the complaints of others.  I decided to call Ariens before taking a sledge hammer to the machine.

They said, "check the impellor drive belt - it has probably stretched and is slipping, preventing the impellor from throwing properly.  Take the belt cover off, hold down the auger handle and see if belt is tight."  I tried that  - the belt was so loose I am surprised it could throw any snow.   Only took two 1/2" wrenches to loosen idler pulley and move it to tighten belt when engaged.  I took the snow blower out again in today's 8" of heavy, wet snow and it threw it further than it had ever thrown!!!

So, if blower is not throwing well, check impellor belt tension before getting ticked off.  I didn't do this until forcing the machine through the job - would have taken a third of the time if I had checked and adjusted the belt before I started, or when I saw it wasn't throwing well.

Yep this was my same problem, couldn't believe how loose the belt was.  Supposed to get 4-8 inches of snow by Wednesday morning so I'm looking forward to seeing it throw the snow 40 or more feet like it used to.  Thank You very much for making this post Cloggedchute!  :)
quaddriver

Reply #113   Feb 23, 2015 11:25 pm
Old thread, but I found this place based on a google search for a problem so perhaps someone someday will find this. The Ariens ST1326 (and may others from many manufacturers) does indeed use a power window motor for the rotary chute control. Currently, it is $160-$190 online plus shipping. It is $105 on ebay plus shipping. the part number is 52422000. Before you get discouraged, go google up AC Delco part 11M32. It is $28.71 on amazon. Look at the pic and tell me that is not it. The wiring connector is a different shape, but we can get around that. I got the idea to look after someone early on in this thread, perhaps in 2009, stated it was a glorified power window motor and I'll be darned if it does not look like some I have in stock. The 11M32 even has the 9 tooth gear - which should alleviate lash problems. To solve or help with the water problem, dip in vinyl tool dip. Edited to add: I got this used 1336 to augment my 1981 724 (also ariens) which has mowed a few hundred feet of snow I bet over the decades. The idler used for the drive AND the auger drive need to be looked at, I have even went down a belt size to help. It is very easy to 'split the case' on these machines, back in the day, the snow blower, front tine tiller, 'brush hog' and string trimmer used the same motor and drive housing, bolted to a different front end. A couple years back the mice made a meal of my magneto wiring and with Tecuhseh motors long gone and the replacement engines from LCT essentially junk, i added a dual season kohler pro. It does not take much to keep these running for many decades.
This message was modified Feb 23, 2015 by quaddriver
Replies: 104 - 113 of 113Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42