Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Amazon deals on Poulon Pro snow blowers

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Surgedork

Amazon deals on Poulon Pro snow blowers
Original Message   Mar 1, 2007 4:00 pm
Amazon has a deal going for a Poulan Pro 8.5 hp 27 inch snow blower (PP8527ES) for $639 (list $999) (minus an additional 10% for YARDSALE promo code posted on the web page, valid until Monday 3/5/2007). They also have a deal going on a Poulan Pro 10.5 hp 30 inch snow blower (PP10530ES) for $759 (list $1299)(also minus an additional 10% using the promo code). Shipping on either is a flat rate $99. Total costs would be $675 and $783 respectively (not including tax if applicable).

It sounds like a good deal to me given the features of the machines so I've been trying to do a little research and wanted to get some opinions on Poulan Pro. I'm leaning towards the larger 10.5 hp 30 inch model, as it has power steering whereas the 27 inch model does not. It would appear that the PP10530ES model is the same as the Sears Craftsman 88105 ($1049.88 on clearance) and the Husqvarna 1130SBE ($1199 at Lowes, but 11hp vs. 10.5). From what I've gathered, they are all the same machine with different branding and different engines.

Unfortunately Amazon's site lists very little information about the Poulan Pro and I am not able to find very many reviews about those particular machines.

My current machine is an 8hp 24in Murray with the Tecumseh Snow King engine. It's probably 10-12 years old now and I haven't had many issues with it. However the new machines I've seen with the remote chute joysticks are twisting my arm and tempting me to get a newer, bigger, toy (err, tool).

Does anyone have a Poulan Pro snow blower that they can provide some feedback on?
Replies: 2 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Surgedork

Re: Amazon deals on Poulon Pro snow blowers
Reply #2   Mar 1, 2007 4:41 pm
I tend to keep to the big stores like Home Depot rather than dealers, but I haven't taken the time to look in store. I did check HD's website and found a nice looking Cub Cadet model with similiar features for $999 (I doubt their website would reflect any local clearances). I've read a bit about the Toro 2 stage models and they are tempting. My gut feeling is the Toro is going to be out of my price range but you never know (I bought a Toro self-paced lawn mower last summer and I'm very satisfied with the quality of the tool and it wasn't much more expensive than some of the other manufacturers models).

Maybe tomorrow (once the storms pass) I'll get out and see if they have any deals going. Thanks for the info.
jubol

Re: Amazon deals on Poulan Pro snow blowers
Reply #3   Mar 1, 2007 4:42 pm
Surge,

The Poulan blower is the same as a Husky bower.

I have the Husky 927STE, has an 11.5 HP OHV engine.

Also has triggers for turning and great speed/ chute controls.

Mine was bought as a 9 Hp OHV engine, but when I checked the engine specs with

Tecumseh, I was told it was an 11.5 HP engine.

If you are going to buy a new blower, of the ones you listed,

I would buy the Poulan 10.5 HP, with turning triggers

Fred

Husqvarna STE927(11.5HP) snowblower,  MTD Pro Series 18/42 Lawnmower, MTD 6.5 HP  Self Prop Lawn Mower,  Weedeater 1500 Blower, Web Gensis  2000 
RickJ

Reply #4   Mar 1, 2007 5:03 pm
Surgedork wrote:
Maybe tomorrow (once the storms pass) I'll get out and see if they have any deals going. Thanks for the info.

If there are snowstorms happening today, tomorrow will be too late. I know that last year around this time Home Depot was selling blowers for about 50% off. It might be worth making a few phone calls to see what they have. Plus, HD gives you 10% off if you open one of their charge accounts.

1995 Simplicity Sno-Away 860 Snowblower, 2001 Craftsman POS lawnmower
Surgedork

Reply #5   Mar 1, 2007 5:43 pm
RickJ wrote:
If there are snowstorms happening today, tomorrow will be too late. I know that last year around this time Home Depot was selling blowers for about 50% off. It might be worth making a few phone calls to see what they have. Plus, HD gives you 10% off if you open one of their charge accounts.

Yeah. I just got back from the local store. I had a hard time finding ice scrapers let alone snow blowers. Did a little phone work and all the reasonably close stores are out of stock. I'll probably pass on a new one this year and maybe modify my existing blower this summer.
Snowbound

Reply #6   Mar 1, 2007 11:22 pm
I have a Sears Craftsman 11.5 hp snow blower with the trigger/power steering.  This is a heavy machine, around 300 lbs, with lots of power so you need this kind of assistance to move it around.  Feels like a bulldozer with all that engine power and steering that stops one wheel.  Although you haven't described the area you'll be clearing, I assume it's sizeable.  My feeling is to buy a machine in the 10 to 11 hp range.  You'll need it in heavy wet snow or at the entrance to your driveway when the street plows do their dump.

This is a great time of year to buy!  You'll have to move quickly to buy because they dissapear fast.  The prices you quoted reflect a deep discount compared to the normal selling prices during the season.  I'd also get a service plan which includes house calls unless you don't mind hauling a heavy machine to a service facility.  You need to be decisive.  Buy the larger one now and don't look back if you hear that someone else bought it for $30 to $60 less.  You can drive yourself crazy thinking about the other guy who bought it for less yet in reality you (and the other guy) are actually some of a few who will be fortunate enough to buy one at a bargain price.  Go for it!

I bought mine for $900 this time last year.

This message was modified Mar 2, 2007 by Snowbound
Snowbound

Reply #7   Mar 2, 2007 11:33 am
Forgot about one more item:

Check out the Classic Deluxe Snow Thrower Cab.  I bought one for $79.95 on Amazon.  Sears was selling it for $109 and I've also seen them at higher prices.  I don't think you'll find it any cheaper anywhere else than on Amazon.  Don't consider buying the lower priced version from Classic.  It would blow away in a light breeze.  The Deluxe is a quality product, very sturdy and it takes a couple of hours or less to assemble but it's worth it.  You'll be somewhat protected in foul weather except from maybe a strong tailwind.  Classic also includes a bag to fill with 13 lbs of sand for mounting on the top front of the auger housing.  This allows for a forward counter weight to compensate for the cab weight.

The cab is easily removeable when not in use just in case you don't have a tall enough space for storage.

This message was modified Mar 2, 2007 by Snowbound
Replies: 2 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42