Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Hey Marshall

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
skippertoo

Hey Marshall
Original Message   Jan 9, 2005 9:34 am
Hello and happy new year !
A couple of years ago you helped me with regards to purchasing a lawnmower. I really wanted the Honda (think it was the 216 hrb?) but just couldn't spring for the extra 150 dollars so I bought the Craftsman 37779 on sale for 499. It has done what I wanted it to do for the most part but still wish for the new HRX. The one thing I do enjoy about the Craftsman is the one lever hight adjustment as I cut three different levels around my yard and this feature really helps ! Next mower may need to be an Ariens since they have this feature. ( I will ask more about that when it comes time to but again, hopefully that is several years away)
I do have one problem with the mower blade brake clutch and thought I would check in with yall to see if this was something easy to fix or should I take it to the Sears repair facility? The clutch will not stay engaged. I tied it down with a bungie cord to make it last the rest of this past season but want to get it fixed before this spring.
Thanks !
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Re: Hey Marshall
Reply #1   Jan 9, 2005 9:48 am
Skippertoo, Welcome back, I do remember you.

Hey, I'm glad to hear you are liking your Craftsman, most folks seem to. As for the clutch, unless it's something obvious, I would take it into the repair facility. The clutch of the blade of a lawnmower is not something I would suggest anyone but a good home mechanic be dealing with for safety reason, we want them to operate properly and reliably. Now, you may very well be a good home mechanic, if so, we have some folks on the board that repair lawnmowers, mostly engines though, and they may be able to offer some assistance. However, I would expect they would need to be familiar with the Craftsman system itself to be real helpful, hopefully I am wrong. Thanks for coming back by, stick around if you would like and join us. Check your thread here for more answers.

Marshall

This message was modified Jan 9, 2005 by Marshall
skippertoo

Re: Hey Marshall
Reply #2   Jan 9, 2005 9:52 am
Hey buddy, Will do. I have been in lurking mode on this and the other site all along just don't post much but I usually check in every other day or so just to keep up.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42