Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Advice Needed

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
SnowRemover

Toro 828LXE

Advice Needed
Original Message   Feb 15, 2007 1:09 pm
During past snowstorms I have occassionally done the neighbors driveways. Yesterday, just after the blizzard, I started doing my driveway. About ten minutes later one of my neighbors was standing in my driveway with his kid watching. I'm cool with that, just stay a safe distance away. But after five minutes I could tell from the look on his face that he wanted something. So I shut off the blower and asked him if I he wanted something. He asked me if he could borrow my snow blower. Now this guy has borrowed many tools from me in the past, but a screwdriver or electric drill doesn't cost anywhere near a snowblower. Instead of just saying "I don't loan out my snowblower", I felt to be a good neighbour I'd snowblow his driveway for him and told him so much.

Now my issue is that the guy made no attempt to do his driveway all day - as if he was expecting to ask me the whole time. He is not old (he's younger than me - mid 30's), not poor (makes twice what I make), and never been a great friend (not a bad guy, but not someone I'd call a friend). Truth be told, I probably would have done his driveway without his asking, but the way he asked, his lack of effort just really pissed me off.

The advice I'm seeking is either a) I'm way out of bounds here and should let people borrow my snowblower when they ask OR b) How do I not lend out the snowblower without pissing off the neighbor.

Thanks!

It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!
--Friedrich Nietzsche
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42