Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Old Ariens Wheel Upgrade Needed

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
johnnyboy

Old Ariens Wheel Upgrade Needed
Original Message   Feb 17, 2006 11:28 am
I have an old model Ariens Snow Throw Model unknow. I have bald solid hard tires ( approx. 12" tall) on it with chains. Otherwise it would'nt move in the snow. I purchased it used 6 years ago & rebuilt it with the exception of wheels. I would like to upgrade the rims & tires but I haven't been able to locate the right parts. I have a 3/4" shaft with a 3-16" keyway. If I had to drill the shaft for a bolt to hold a new rim assembly on, that would be no problem. I feel with chains on I get alot of unwanted vibration.  I just need to be pointed in the right  direction for parts.  Any Ideas? Thanks John
Replies: 6 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
SNOFAN3

Re: Old Ariens Wheel Upgrade Needed
Reply #6   Dec 15, 2006 10:31 am
Couldnt find the wheels he had but I found some wheels that could fit. Martin Wheel hasone that fits perfect! 356KY-ST-34. Its a 6in wheel with a 3/4 in shaft with a key slot. Fits perfect with no modifications. $45.00 per tire/rim...... I have a Ariens 10M4 built in 1966.
SNOFAN3

Reply #7   Dec 15, 2006 2:19 pm
*****CORRECTION***** I did have to modify it I had to drill 5/16 hole in the hub and the shaft......I also used a set pin to lock it in...hope that helps....

-SF3

apeman77

Reply #8   Mar 7, 2011 4:53 pm
I am also struggling to find a new rim for my Ariens 10M4. Mine also has the solid rubber tires with now grip at all. Finding the tires (snow hogs or xtracs seem to be popular) is no problem, but finding a rim that will accommodate the new tire AND fit on the shaft is proving difficult. Any suggestions/help would be appreciated. Also....I need to find something that's available to me in Canada. Thanks in advance guys!
Replies: 6 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42