Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens remote wheel lock

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
ragmopp

Ariens remote wheel lock
Original Message   Dec 11, 2006 6:06 pm
Hi,

I have a continuing problem that maybe someone can help me with. The remote wheel lock works erratically. I squeeze and release the lever and nothing happens. I try it repeatedly and it sometimes works. This happens either with the left wheel is locked or not. Checking the manual it states not to put any load on the axle, and to turn the unit right or left to release the axle lock. I have tried this and still, at times, it refuses to either lock or unlock the left wheel.  I then went and tried adjusting the cable adjuster, as suggested by the manual, still no difference.
The last step was, according to the manual, to take it to a dealer. Which I did. When the dealer called me back he stated it was fixed. When I asked him what was wrong. He stated nothing. He just adjusted the cable again. When I picked it up I tried the unit and sure enough it still erratically would not free up the left wheel and then it would.  He stated he wasn't familiar with this arrangement for a wheel lock (was familiar with the remote differential though).  In fact he stated, ' Whenever Ariens has a product that works well, they change it'.  Not exactly what I wanted to hear and most likely not going back to him again.  Sooooo...anyone have any suggestions?
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42