Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > No Reverse. Help !

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Ponyboymc

No Reverse. Help !
Original Message   Nov 9, 2006 3:02 pm
I have Craftsman Lawnmower (42"  automatic ) appox. 5 years old.    It had been working just fine until last week, when the mower would not move in reverse, and I don't really think it's moving foward in it's fastest speed.    The gear "lever" moves smoothly between forward, N, and reverse, but the tractor will not move in reverse.       One thing I noticed is that I could pull back on the gear shift (in reverse) and I noticed a little movement...as if the shifter is just out of line.    I plan on taking a closer look at this this weekend (along with the manual)...   Should I be looking at a belt, or maybe some sort of linkage, or is the Trans. toast.    Any thoughts ?             thank you.               
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42