Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Old Ariens died :( ... however, the new ones look cool! :)

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Arthur

Old Ariens died :( ... however, the new ones look cool! :)
Original Message   Nov 4, 2006 5:09 pm
The machine I had been using is a 37 year old 7 hp Ariens. It's been burning oil for a while and has lost a lot of compression, and is overall, pretty tired. Sad to see it go. It earned a Medal of Honor in the Blizzard of '78.

Thinking of getting the 9526DLE professional. My EOD is on a blind corner and I think the turning is going to be important because I don't feel like hanging out on a slippery road with a hard to maneuver machine. My driveway is about 65 x 25 feet, with a 4' high stone wall on one side. Also have a long sidewalk. Live just west of Boston, and we can sometimes get lots of snow. Can I justify that machine given those stats? I found a place selling it for $1,599.00 which looks like 100 less than MSRP. The only thing else I could want would be a drink holder; I mean, HEATED HANDLES!

What does plowing cost these days anyway? I think I need to justify the extra $600 bucks or so. I'm pretty sure I'm getting it, but what do you think?

Thanks!

Arthur

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42