Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > TROY-BUILT 45 INCH MOUTH...WOW!

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
70chevrolet

TROY-BUILT 45 INCH MOUTH...WOW!
Original Message   Oct 3, 2006 7:20 am
My brother is eyeballing a troy-built 13045. 13hp with a 45 inch mouth. Up until that moment, I had never seen bigger than a 36 inch on a walk behind snowblower. The gerbox looked aluminum(blah!) and the chute looked plastic(blah!). The motor was tecumseh   . Does anyone know what the reputation of Troy -bilt is? 
Replies: 4 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Garandman

Re: TROY-BUILT 45 INCH MOUTH...WOW!
Reply #4   Nov 4, 2006 7:12 am
70chevrolet wrote:
My brother is eyeballing a troy-built 13045. 13hp with a 45 inch mouth. Up until that moment, I had never seen bigger than a 36 inch on a walk behind snowblower. The gerbox looked aluminum(blah!) and the chute looked plastic(blah!). The motor was tecumseh   . Does anyone know what the reputation of Troy -bilt is? 

If you compare the quality of construction and size of mechanical components to the 32-36" models from Ariens or Simplicity, it is difficult to see how this machine would be durable.

It probably won't save much time, either. You can only go as fast as you can walk. If it's a light snow a plow would be much faster. If it's a heavy snow it's like to be overburdened. And you can't use it on walkways less than 45" wide
Replies: 4 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42