Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Jari Jaw Snowblower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Kiddano

Jari Jaw Snowblower
Original Message   Oct 1, 2006 6:13 am
I have a Jari Jaw Snowblower and need to find info on it. I am restoring it and would like to get manuals and the like. There is a Ser# label on the back and it sayes Jari Corporation Serial # 770961 Model Landmaster. There is also a 77 stamped on the plate where the motor mounts in the front right corner. Any info would be a big help.

I have used it the past 3yrs and let me tell you this is one hell of a machine. It ate my chain link fence, for real!!!! I am putting hand controls on it this year to help with that. There is nothing that this thing will slow down for. It had a Tecumseh 70H motor on it but that one has finaly seen it's last days so I am putting a new motor on it that I have ordered. I got it from my uncle who got it from a school that he worked at and he told me that it was a powerhouse and that the folks that made it knew what they where doin. I do not doubt that one bit after using it. This is a 7hp and I know for a fact that it will out perform any 10 or 12 hp that is stamped out today. They just don't make them like this one anymore.

Replies: 1 - 10 of 16NextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
70chevrolet

Re: Jari Jaw Snowblower
Reply #1   Oct 2, 2006 6:54 pm
That has always been my favorite snowblower. I love the graphics on the side of the bucket. All that power you speak of is from the motor. The Tecumseh H70 is an absolute animal with tons of torque. I would stay with the original motor or go with an HM100 (10hp)... it will bolt right up and you can get the 3/4 shaft so you can run the original pulley.    
70chevrolet

Reply #2   Oct 2, 2006 6:55 pm
oh yeah! please post a few pics if you can.
Kiddano

Reply #3   Oct 8, 2006 6:06 am
I still have some film left in the camera and I just finished paint yesterday so it will be a short while before the pic's. I did find out that there is another one that is exactly the same thing only it is a Lombard. I wonder which came first the Lombard or the Jari? I noticed that the Jari Jaw label had "Pat. Pending" on the bottom of it though. The Lombards where green in color and the Jari is orange. Mine will be hammered black when done.
70chevrolet

Reply #4   Oct 9, 2006 1:52 pm
dont forget to paint the jaws on the side of the bucket..
I1600

Reply #5   Dec 8, 2007 8:51 pm
My father, his brother, and several of their friends started Jari Corporation. There were several manufacturing plants throughout Minnesota, the main manufacturing plant was located in Little Falls, Minnesota. I may have drawings and other literature to help restore your Jari Jaw II snow blower.

Please note, the Jari snow blower is also a 3 blade lawn mower in descise. The two stage snow blower is removed detaching two bolts and a drive belt. Then the mower is attached to the power unit is used to operate two attachments. What a great idea the Jari mower/snow blower was.

KJari
KidNoslo

Reply #6   Jan 5, 2008 11:22 pm
Hi Ken Jari,

If you know of one for sale, or come across one, please let me know.  I would love to own one.  I have recently had the pleasure of working on one for a customer and got the chance to do my huge driveway with it.  What a magnificent machine!

Thanks,

Dick

richiewis

Reply #7   Jan 7, 2008 5:19 pm
I1600 wrote:
My father, his brother, and several of their friends started Jari Corporation. There were several manufacturing plants throughout Minnesota, the main manufacturing plant was located in Little Falls, Minnesota. I may have drawings and other literature to help restore your Jari Jaw II snow blower.

Please note, the Jari snow blower is also a 3 blade lawn mower in descise. The two stage snow blower is removed detaching two bolts and a drive belt. Then the mower is attached to the power unit is used to operate two attachments. What a great idea the Jari mower/snow blower was.

KJari

Ken,I have a Jari-Jaw and am also looking for a manual. Any ideas ?? Thnks for your time.

Richiewis

willlucey

Reply #8   Feb 1, 2008 8:26 am
I have a complete, running Jari Jaw II snowblower which is on its way to the dump shortly, due to its cantankerous disposition.

From reading the posts, it seems there are some folks that favor this model, and I am glad to offer it up to anyone who may have use for it or its parts.

Pick up only, for free, in New Hampshire.

I can break it up for parts, but must charge for my time and shipping.

Contact me at wlucey@spearsystem.com if interested.

JCturboT

Reply #9   Feb 1, 2008 2:46 pm
For those interested in a pic-

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/for/549031645.html

Jeff
Matt22

Reply #10   Apr 21, 2008 8:25 pm
Hi Ken,

I found your post. My father and a group purchased Jari from David Paulson one of the major share holders and my uncle Chuck ran the factory in Little Falls, MN. I was #8 from a family of 9 and boy did my older brothers have a great time testing out all of the cool new gear including gas powered skate boards. We have some great film at Ramset Jr High school parking lot, film in Fl testing out mowers and even a letter from the VP for the clean at Camp David. I even had the pleasure of using the double snow blower as I grew up and it is perfect fpr the deep MN snow falls.

Feel free to contact me if you would like to share some stories.
Replies: 1 - 10 of 16NextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42