Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > sears finding parts

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mech12

sears finding parts
Original Message   May 12, 2006 5:15 pm
  i see alot of post in regards to sears.  i work up here in minnesota and work on a lot of sears.  ive talked with my "new" customers and they are very unsatisfied with any type of sears help.   up here a customer would take his unit to sears, drop it off,  waits a month to get it back..  i have actually went to sears as the mechanic i am and talked with the saleman, of course he didnt know i was a mechanic.  he told me all kind of b/s about wher to get parts, warranty stuff.  who makes the "cratfsman" units.  neeless to say once i told him what i did for a living he was a little rude to me.       
Replies: 5 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Emmo

Re: sears finding parts
Reply #5   May 16, 2006 4:23 pm
I called my long-time parts guy, Special Ed, and got his 2 cents on Sears. Here's what he had to say:

SEARS IS GREAT!!!!!!YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mech12

Reply #6   May 17, 2006 11:51 am
  does everyone here know sears DOES NOT make there own stuff.   most of the snowblowers and tractors are made by MURRAY and EHP.  they even started using MTD as a supplier.  i find it ironic some people in hear say murray units are junk, yet sears rules????    just a little input
urichardhead

Reply #7   May 17, 2006 6:29 pm
Majority of Craftsman are EHP/AYP, the better ones. Few are Murray.

SmMotorsRep

if it not broke your not trying hard enough

Reply #8   May 30, 2006 10:47 pm
Once I was on the phone with sears trying to get a part for over 2 hrs .. we talk and send faxes back and forth , with no hope in sight with craftman. I got the part from a jobber{after market} I lost 2 hrs of my day and learn a valueable lesson Mark

too many to keep track of
Replies: 5 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42