Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > So I made my own flywheel puller for my tecumseh...

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
loudsubz

So I made my own flywheel puller for my tecumseh...
Original Message   May 14, 2006 8:10 pm
I had to remove the flywheel on my 3.5HP tecumseh mower, because the kill switch wasn't making contact. I read up about removing the flywheel and it seemed I really needed the tool. I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg for one, because I would only be using it this one time most likely, and there was nobody I knew that had one that would lend it to me, so I tried my way with making one.

I didn't want to spend allot, so a thick steel plate was out of question. I ended up using

-(2) 2X4 pieces cut short just to stack on top each other

-(3) 1/4" hex bolts and washers

-(1) 5/16 hex bolt and washer/nut that acts as the main puller

I layered the 2X4 on top each other, drilled the holes accordingly for the 1/4" bolts to fit through, and the centre push bolt to go through. Threaded them into the 3 openings on the flywheel and started to turn the  main bolt with my ratchet. After a few turns I gave the flywheel a tap with my dead blow hammer and she popped off. I was surprised and excited as well. Fixed the switch with some Nu-Trol contact cleaner and she works great now.

Will post pics in a few.

Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42