Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro Front whell drive self-propelling mower leaking oil from under the front drive cover

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
rmeredith

Toro Front whell drive self-propelling mower leaking oil from under the front drive cover
Original Message   Apr 14, 2006 9:26 pm
Anybody know what this could be?  I did tip it slightly on it's side to check the blades, but it seems to be coming from the black cover on the front of the deck.  It is a 6.5hp front wheel drive 2004 model with a single speed bevel transmission I believe is what it is called.

Thank you

Rob

Replies: 2 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
rmeredith

Re: Toro Front whell drive self-propelling mower leaking oil from under the front drive cover
Reply #2   Apr 15, 2006 12:24 pm
Thank you so you don't think it's a big problem?  The oil is black and the oil inside the engine is clear.  I was worried it was coming from the drive transmission.  I was worried it was coming from the drive-train.

Thanks again this is very much appreciated.  When I bought it a couple of days ago I was told it had only been used 5 times two years ago and had sat since then.  Judgeing by how clean it was I don't doubt it.  Anything else I should consider since it sat so long?  I put fresh gas in and sprayed carb. cleaner in the bowl and carbuerator because float was stuck.

Rob

rmeredith

Re: Toro Front whell drive self-propelling mower leaking oil from under the front drive cover THANKS!! ADVICE WORKED!
Reply #3   Apr 17, 2006 11:04 pm
Didn't leak anymore during or after a mow.  Thank you.  :)
Replies: 2 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42