Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro Front whell drive self-propelling mower leaking oil from under the front drive cover

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
rmeredith

Toro Front whell drive self-propelling mower leaking oil from under the front drive cover
Original Message   Apr 14, 2006 9:26 pm
Anybody know what this could be?  I did tip it slightly on it's side to check the blades, but it seems to be coming from the black cover on the front of the deck.  It is a 6.5hp front wheel drive 2004 model with a single speed bevel transmission I believe is what it is called.

Thank you

Rob

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
mech12

Re: Toro Front whell drive self-propelling mower leaking oil from under the front drive cover
Reply #1   Apr 15, 2006 11:42 am
  run the unit for a grass cutting to burn any extra oil that may have filled the cylinder and muffler..    leave unit running and wash with a garden hose  NOT pressure washer. to clean any oil buildup and debris from base of engine.    leave sit and see if any new oil spot appear on floor or deck
rmeredith

Re: Toro Front whell drive self-propelling mower leaking oil from under the front drive cover
Reply #2   Apr 15, 2006 12:24 pm
Thank you so you don't think it's a big problem?  The oil is black and the oil inside the engine is clear.  I was worried it was coming from the drive transmission.  I was worried it was coming from the drive-train.

Thanks again this is very much appreciated.  When I bought it a couple of days ago I was told it had only been used 5 times two years ago and had sat since then.  Judgeing by how clean it was I don't doubt it.  Anything else I should consider since it sat so long?  I put fresh gas in and sprayed carb. cleaner in the bowl and carbuerator because float was stuck.

Rob

rmeredith

Re: Toro Front whell drive self-propelling mower leaking oil from under the front drive cover THANKS!! ADVICE WORKED!
Reply #3   Apr 17, 2006 11:04 pm
Didn't leak anymore during or after a mow.  Thank you.  :)
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42