Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Do you know of a small engine junkyard?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bob95065

Do you know of a small engine junkyard?
Original Message   Apr 10, 2006 3:58 pm

Someone gave me a Briggs and Stratton two-cylinder engine that they replaced with a long block a few years back.  They said that the engine was smoking when they replaced it.  It did run.  Anyway, the engine is missing the fuel tank, air cleaner assembly from the carb up and the exhaust manifold and muffler.  I want to get these parts and rebuild the engine, but I don't want to pay retail for new parts.  Is there a lawnmower junkyard that would have these parts?

Here are the numbers for the engine:

Model: 303447

Type: 0432-01

Code: 9201174

I already went to the B&S web site and printed out a copy of the owner's manual and the parts list.

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
SmMotorsRep

if it not broke your not trying hard enough

Re: Do you know of a small engine junkyard?
Reply #1   Apr 10, 2006 10:02 pm
you just have to go to your local small engine repair shop they usally have a bunch of use parts for sale or you can try your local dealer they dont usealy keep old motors but if they do have what your lookin for they price s are not cheep your best bet is it look at EX: {{sam and harry's repair shop}} your local repair shop Mark

too many to keep track of
Garandman

Re: Do you know of a small engine junkyard?
Reply #2   Apr 16, 2006 9:05 am
Try ebay
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42