Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Neuton cordless electric mower?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
JohnEDavies

Neuton cordless electric mower?
Original Message   Apr 25, 2005 12:46 pm
Yeah, I know it doesn't have a gas engine, but I was wondering if anyone can provide some feedback. The mower seems to get glowing reviews online.

My lawn is only about 1500 sq ft, dead flat and no trees or shrubs.  I don't need much of a machine for this little area, but I am attracted to the Neuton because it is really quiet,  has a quickly removable battery pack, a cool pivoting string trimmer/ edger attachment and it seems like just the thing for an itty bitty lawn. It bags or mulches , runs 1 hour on a charge and cuts 14 inches (pretty narrow). Also, I can send it back after 6 months if I don't like it, less about $40 S/H. Supposedly the motor produces the same peak torque (with a fresh charge) as a typical 5 bhp gas engine.

Anyone used one? Comments welcomed.

http://www.drpower.com/twoStepCategory.aspx?InqComplete=1&Name=NeutonMower2Step&SiteEntryMode=1

My alternative is a quality manual reel mower like the Brill Luxus 38 (15 inch). I'm not a rabid environmentalist, but I don't feel a gas mower is suitable for this lawn.

Thanks.

John Davies
Replies: 6 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
mookie2591

Re: Neuton cordless electric mower?
Reply #6   Mar 25, 2006 2:45 pm
Ok, I just got one a few hours ago, and I havnt gotten to test it out yet.  It was really easy to set up, and is really easy to operate.  The battery can supposedly can run for more than an hour, however takes 12 to charge.  Ill post another reply once i try it out.
Replies: 6 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42