Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Craftsman Snowthrower Model 88115, 11.5 hp

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Snowbound

Craftsman Snowthrower Model 88115, 11.5 hp
Original Message   Feb 18, 2006 12:18 am
Just purchased this 11.5 hp machine after surfing the web and reading brochures.  I couldn't resist the closeout price of $905.  List price, I believe, was $1,299.  I planned to buy a 9.5 or 10 hp but this was too good to resist.  Also purchased Sears three year "at-home" repair warranty for $99.  This is my first venture in snowthrowing after a life-time of shoveling in Massachusetts.  I just turned 65 on Jan. 31, and thought it was time to stop pushing the odds (or Gods), spend a few bucks and finally have fun with snow removal.  The salesman said the machine was returned unused by a customer who thought it was too large for his needs and that was the reason for the unusually low price.  He said it was technically a used machine, however, the sale to me was written up as a new one.

I checked Sears website and this machine, 88115,  was sold out nationwide.  Coincidentally, while the sale was being written up, two other customers wanted to buy it.  Guess I bought the last one.

I would appreciate any input from all of you folks out there in snowland about this or other comparable two-stage machines.  I think it has 6 speeds forward and 2 reverse.  I'll be clearing a 120 ft long by 12' wide driveway in addition to a sidewalk and front entrance walk.  I'll never forget the Blizzard of 78 and another whopper that hit us last March 2005.  I had to be plowed out three times.  This machine might be considered oversize for my needs but if we get hit hard a few more times in addition to our normal 8"-to-12" snowstorms, it should meet the worst-case challenges.  Also any maintenance information would be helpful.  I plan to take care of it with proper maintenance in hoping this machine will last a long time.

I'm waiting for delivery (arrives late next week) and forgot what it looks like.  Frustrating after buying a new toy.  By the way, does anyone have the cab attachement?  It's on sale for $99.  If so, do you think its worthwhile?  For now, I bought a ski mask for $14.95. 

Replies: 12 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
jubol

Re: Craftsman Snowthrower Model 88115, 11.5 hp
Reply #12   Feb 19, 2006 6:23 am
Snowbound,

Email me through this forum with your regular email address, and I 'll email you the site.

Fred

Husqvarna STE927(11.5HP) snowblower,  MTD Pro Series 18/42 Lawnmower, MTD 6.5 HP  Self Prop Lawn Mower,  Weedeater 1500 Blower, Web Gensis  2000 
Snowbound

Re: Craftsman Snowthrower Model 88115, 11.5 hp
Reply #13   Feb 19, 2006 2:15 pm
Fred,

Thanks for the offer but for privacy reasons, I don't reveal my e-mail address.

Replies: 12 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42