Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Not very impressed at all.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
toolpig

Not very impressed at all.
Original Message   Jan 23, 2006 1:40 pm
As some of you may know after researching brands etc.. I purchased an Ariens 11.5hp 28 in cut LE snow thrower. It is only 2 months old and has been used 3 times, yes thats right 3 times.  2 of those times the snow fall was only 4 inches. 

Anyway , the first heavy snow fall we had (2 -3feet) the blower wouldn't throw snow any further than 10 feet. My OPE dealer loaned me a new husky 10.5 hp and took mine to fix a misaligned idler and replace the drive belt. 

The next light snow it blew snow well but barely threw the stuff at the end of my driveway 15 feet.  I called my OPE dealer and once again he came and got it. I called three days later and he told me some bushing came loose and did some damage to some main shaft. Anyway it's been a week and he's still waiting for parts. He offered to lend me a Husqvarna again but I'm wondering if maybe I should get a refund and go buy something else.

The Ariens has great reviews, it's heavily built and looks well put together,itn also has some nice features BUT  I can't say it works good because I haven't really seen it work.  The one good thing I can say is my service guy is excellent.

Should I get a refund?

Ariens 11528 snowthrower, Craftsman 18hp lawn tractor, Craftsman 5hp lawn mower, Craftsman 4.25hp pressure washer, Stihl BG55 leaf blower and vac, Stihl SH26 string trimmer, Husqvarna 365 special Chainsaw, Husqvarna 254XP chainsaw.
Replies: 13 - 17 of 17Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
CFoote

Re: Not very impressed at all.
Reply #13   Feb 7, 2006 6:16 pm
toolpig wrote:
I live in Northern NewBrunswick in Canada.  The name of the dealer is Bremner Farms in Center Napan.

By the way the guy called the next day to make sure the new blower worked well and that I was satisfied!

That type of service is so rare these days. I would buy all my outdoor equipment from him! Congrats and glad to see it all worked out.

Chris

RedCoupe

Reply #14   Feb 9, 2006 7:43 pm
TOOLPIG, if the forum technically allows, you should consider changing your "subject line", I shoud think you would express a sentiment of "very impressed" consdering the support and backing you received.

Bob....
toolpig

Re: Very impressed indeed!
Reply #15   Feb 10, 2006 6:34 am
I tried to change the subject title, I hope it worked!

Ariens 11528 snowthrower, Craftsman 18hp lawn tractor, Craftsman 5hp lawn mower, Craftsman 4.25hp pressure washer, Stihl BG55 leaf blower and vac, Stihl SH26 string trimmer, Husqvarna 365 special Chainsaw, Husqvarna 254XP chainsaw.
toolpig

Reply #16   Feb 10, 2006 6:35 am
I guess it didn't work  :(

Can anyone help me to do this?

Garandman

Reply #17   Feb 10, 2006 10:19 am
This forum doesn't allow you to edit your messages anymore.

Perhaps the "owners" can explain the history.....
Replies: 13 - 17 of 17Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42