Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Gas Tank Add On

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
nibbler

Gas Tank Add On
Original Message   Jan 30, 2006 8:04 pm
Years ago I saw a special type of lid that could be attached to a jerry can It had a nipple on the cap and a rubber fuel line that would connect to the gas cap of a 10KW generator. You could have a line of jerry cans daisy chained together and if things were setup correctly the generator would run until they were all empty. You could also replace any empty jerry cans with full ones without shutting down the generator

Has anyone seen or used anything to allow an increase to the existing gas tank on a two stage blower? I was thinking of a shelf that you can attach a 10L gas can to that connects to the existing tank

Is this a good idea or am I getting ready to do an impression of one of the Fantastic 4?
Replies: 14 - 18 of 18Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
SnowPro

Re: Gas Tank Add On
Reply #14   Feb 7, 2006 11:35 am
Nibbler:

I can't imagine how you are going through all that gas?!

I have 47 driveways on the list this year, and I fill up the B&S intek at about the 2/3 point.  Easily, I am  doing 20-25 driveways before filling up...........FOR THE FIRST TIME.  Those engines are a lot more efficient than the TEC engines.  I use to have to fill up long before that.  To say that you are going through about 14L of fuel with 20-30 driveways is very confusing.  Could you elaborate a little on that one, please?

Ken

nibbler

Reply #15   Feb 7, 2006 9:35 pm
SnowPro wrote:

To say that you are going through about 14L of fuel with 20-30 driveways is very confusing.  Could you elaborate a little on that one, please?

You are working in the Sault, where I assume everything is nice and fluffy.

I'm based close to Toronto where everything ( at least when we have it)  tends to be wet and slushy with icy chunks.

I check the belt tension reqularly, the blower seems to throw snow nicely so I don't think its due to bad power transfer.

I'd say its about 10-15L at the top end. There is a lot of variation depending on the snow load but I need at least one fill up and normaly 2-3.. All the driveways are close together so I also do the sidewalk as well.
jubol

Reply #16   Feb 8, 2006 7:49 am
Nibbler,

Check Northern Tool and  Equipment.

They have a Blitz, 15 gal tank with nozzel and mounting parts for $100.00 plus shipping!!

Looked to me as just the right tank for you!!

Fred 

Husqvarna STE927(11.5HP) snowblower,  MTD Pro Series 18/42 Lawnmower, MTD 6.5 HP  Self Prop Lawn Mower,  Weedeater 1500 Blower, Web Gensis  2000 
jubol

Reply #17   Feb 8, 2006 8:02 am
Nibbler,

When you go to Northern tool, type in Blitz fuel tanks.

They have 2, a 15 and 10 gal system.

Fred 

jubol wrote:

Nibbler,

Check Northern Tool and  Equipment.

They have a Blitz, 15 gal tank with nozzel and mounting parts for $100.00 plus shipping!!

Looked to me as just the right tank for you!!

Fred 

Husqvarna STE927(11.5HP) snowblower,  MTD Pro Series 18/42 Lawnmower, MTD 6.5 HP  Self Prop Lawn Mower,  Weedeater 1500 Blower, Web Gensis  2000 
nibbler

Reply #18   Feb 9, 2006 9:24 am
jubol

Thanks for the suggestion.

I had a look at the tanks and they all look like they're are designed for mounting in a trailer or pickup truck  and not for attaching to a snowblower.  I was thinking of something in the 10L ( 2 1/2 Gal ) range. Something that automatically keeps the main tank full would be ideal but just having something to carry the fuel container would be "good enough". If I mount it high enough then fuel could syphon into the main tank whenever I opened the valve. I'm not sure what would happen if the spare tank  were mounted at the same height as th main one and the valvel was left open. I have a hunch there would be a problem with gas sloshing out of the secondary tank during operation.
Replies: 14 - 18 of 18Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42