Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 11528 Gearcase Leaking

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
CFoote

Ariens 11528 Gearcase Leaking
Original Message   Feb 4, 2006 10:14 pm
Hi All,

I have a year old Ariens 11528LE that I bought from a local Ariens dealer (trying to support the little guy). About a month ago I noticed red fluid seeping out of the aluminum gearcase in the front.

I called my dealer and he said its a fairly common problem. He said Ariens has a new lube out which is called L2 and that should seal the leak.

Now call me stupid, but I don't seem to recall L2 being a new fluid, it's been around for years and is probably what is in there now!

Do I just need a new gasket? My gameplan is to top off the gearcase for winter so that I won't go without a machine in the event of a large snowstorm. I'll bring it to them in the Spring and let them fix it.

Thanks for your advice!

Chris

Replies: 1 - 15 of 15View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 15 of 15View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42