Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Is the service man telling a lie...

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
db_9

Is the service man telling a lie...
Original Message   Jan 5, 2006 1:38 pm
OK. I had trouble with my 1 year old Ariens 8526LE throwing snow 3 weeks ago. I did everything in the manual to try and fix it. When I took the casing off to look at the belts I noticed the belt that controls the auger was shredded. So I took it to the dealer I bought it from. It took him 3 weeks and 3 phone calls from me. He told me it is ready and that a rock was caught in the impeller. Well before I brought it to him I made sure the auger was spinning, which it was. I also looked down the shoot to see if the impeller was spinning, and it was. So if there was a rock caught in the impellar it wouldn't spin, right? Also could this cause the belt to shred? I am going there this Saturday to pick it up and let him have a piece of my mind. I also want to make sure it isn't a bigger problem, like pulleys out of line causing the belt to shred. I still have 2 years on the warranty and want to make sure this isn't a lemon.
Replies: 35 - 35 of 35Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
plugger

Re: Is the service man telling a lie...
Reply #35   Feb 2, 2006 7:09 pm
I can't remember the name of the company but there's a dealer in Harvard you might like.  I think it's on Route 110.   They seem like a good group.  There's a Husqvarna dealer on the same road.  I've been there a couple times and didn't care for the sales rep's attitude.

Chevy  K1500,
Fisher 760LD,
Ariens 926LE Pro
Replies: 35 - 35 of 35Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42