Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Is the service man telling a lie...

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
db_9

Is the service man telling a lie...
Original Message   Jan 5, 2006 1:38 pm
OK. I had trouble with my 1 year old Ariens 8526LE throwing snow 3 weeks ago. I did everything in the manual to try and fix it. When I took the casing off to look at the belts I noticed the belt that controls the auger was shredded. So I took it to the dealer I bought it from. It took him 3 weeks and 3 phone calls from me. He told me it is ready and that a rock was caught in the impeller. Well before I brought it to him I made sure the auger was spinning, which it was. I also looked down the shoot to see if the impeller was spinning, and it was. So if there was a rock caught in the impellar it wouldn't spin, right? Also could this cause the belt to shred? I am going there this Saturday to pick it up and let him have a piece of my mind. I also want to make sure it isn't a bigger problem, like pulleys out of line causing the belt to shred. I still have 2 years on the warranty and want to make sure this isn't a lemon.
Replies: 32 - 35 of 35Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
db_9

Re: Is the service man telling a lie...
Reply #32   Feb 2, 2006 4:12 pm
Well I wrote to Ariens one week ago today to see if they ever confronted the dealer. I have not heard back from them yet. So it seems that even the Ariens company does not care about their customers.
jubol

Reply #33   Feb 2, 2006 4:21 pm
DB 9,

That is why I did not buy an Ariens Snow blower.

The older Ariens were great machines, but the new ones  are ???????able

Fred

Husqvarna STE927(11.5HP) snowblower,  MTD Pro Series 18/42 Lawnmower, MTD 6.5 HP  Self Prop Lawn Mower,  Weedeater 1500 Blower, Web Gensis  2000 
EGreen

Reply #34   Feb 2, 2006 4:53 pm
not sure if this a product problem jubol, sounds more like a dealer problem, have you tried calling Ariens to get a response?  E-mails can get filtered out by spam control, if there are any other dealers in your area take your machine to them.  Any Ariens dealer can do warranty work on your machine, they HAVE TO honor your warranty if they are an Ariens authorized dealer.

plugger

Reply #35   Feb 2, 2006 7:09 pm
I can't remember the name of the company but there's a dealer in Harvard you might like.  I think it's on Route 110.   They seem like a good group.  There's a Husqvarna dealer on the same road.  I've been there a couple times and didn't care for the sales rep's attitude.

Chevy  K1500,
Fisher 760LD,
Ariens 926LE Pro
Replies: 32 - 35 of 35Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42