Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Got the heavy wet stuff

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
iLikeOrange

Got the heavy wet stuff
Original Message   Dec 31, 2005 10:38 am
Wet snow yesterday about 5-6". The 926 didn't know it was supposed to be a bit more difficult to remove. I was about halfway done with the drive when I realised the machine was throwing it as far as some of the lighter stuff. This was nearly slush, I guess some of it was. Anyway it was a fairly decent test for the new unit. Happy with the overall performance.

I'm thinking of fabricating some longer skid plates to acheive a smoother "ride". My drive is quite broken and very uneven in spots. I have the skids at 1/2" and I still get some sudden impacts. I'm thinking that longer skids would help the 926 over the rough spots. It was no big deal in years past with a lighter unit, but the 300lb machine seem to find all the rough spots. Any thoughts here?

Now this crazy idea, and I'm sure I'm not the first. How about a spring loaded scraper bar? On my machine an assembly could be mounted in existing holes, behind the blower housing with no modification of the framework.

I guess I'm thinking that the inteface between machine and pavement could be improved.

Any input + or - will be appreciated.

Enjoy the New Year,

John

Replies: 6 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
al_in_nh

Re: Got the heavy wet stuff
Reply #6   Jan 1, 2006 12:29 pm
I have a link tho the thread that discussed it a while back.  Could have sworn that there was a pic also but didn't see it.

http://www.abbysguide.com/ope/discussions/7151-0-1.html

Replies: 6 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42