Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Stop wet snow from sticking?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
JohnEDavies

Stop wet snow from sticking?
Original Message   Nov 30, 2005 1:37 pm
Is there anything I can spray on my snow thrower auger housing and discharge chute, and my shovels, to stop wet snow from sticking so badly? I tried silicone, and I did not see any improvement. Do I just need to scrub them down with an abrasive cleaner like Soft Scrub?

Do I just continue to swear?

BTW: We received our first real snow in Spokane - 6 inches and still coming down, more on Thursday. Yahoo! (Last year was record dry!) My 926DLE does great but  sheared a pin on a sprinkler head or something, and the clip holding the chute deflector shaft to the u-joint departed half way through the job. I was glad to have spares, and strongly recommend that everyone have a few shear pins and cotter pins on hand, and a complete set of belts if you are comfortable working on your own machine.

Thanks.

John Davies
Replies: 4 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
RnB213

Re: Stop wet snow from sticking?
Reply #4   Dec 19, 2005 11:02 pm
http://www.mo-deck.com/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=8

Theres a link to a product which will coat with a polymer i.e making it more like the so called "plastic" shoots equipment is using now

Toro/Lawnboy, Simplicity, Snapper, Husqvarna,Jonsered, Briggs, Tecumseh,Kohler,Honda
toolpig

Re: Stop wet snow from sticking?
Reply #5   Dec 21, 2005 5:21 am
Clear bottle of stuff called  "Snow Shooter"   $5.99 can.  Purchased it at Canadian tire but I have seen it at Home depot too.

It works too!  I sprayed it on my neighbors machine and it actually threw snow a little further.

Down side is you have to apply it every time you use your blower.

Ariens 11528 snowthrower, Craftsman 18hp lawn tractor, Craftsman 5hp lawn mower, Craftsman 4.25hp pressure washer, Stihl BG55 leaf blower and vac, Stihl SH26 string trimmer, Husqvarna 365 special Chainsaw, Husqvarna 254XP chainsaw.
Replies: 4 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42