Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Stop wet snow from sticking?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
JohnEDavies

Stop wet snow from sticking?
Original Message   Nov 30, 2005 1:37 pm
Is there anything I can spray on my snow thrower auger housing and discharge chute, and my shovels, to stop wet snow from sticking so badly? I tried silicone, and I did not see any improvement. Do I just need to scrub them down with an abrasive cleaner like Soft Scrub?

Do I just continue to swear?

BTW: We received our first real snow in Spokane - 6 inches and still coming down, more on Thursday. Yahoo! (Last year was record dry!) My 926DLE does great but  sheared a pin on a sprinkler head or something, and the clip holding the chute deflector shaft to the u-joint departed half way through the job. I was glad to have spares, and strongly recommend that everyone have a few shear pins and cotter pins on hand, and a complete set of belts if you are comfortable working on your own machine.

Thanks.

John Davies
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42