Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Who makes the best snowblower?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
ntrtouch

Who makes the best snowblower?
Original Message   Dec 14, 2005 11:15 pm
Who makes the strongest, most powerful, most durable snow blower?  Price isnt an issue.  I want to buy a new one and wanted to know who is the best of the best
Replies: 23 - 32 of 37Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
nibbler

Re: Who makes the best snowblower?
Reply #23   Dec 18, 2005 7:02 pm
Off colour joke alert

Young bull and old bull are looking down at the herd. Young bull says "lets run down and have a couple", old bull says "lets walk down and have them all".

Except for EOD most of what I have to deal with is 10-20cm ( 4-8" ) so speed is more important than power most of the time.
MountainMan

Overpowered is Usually Adequate

Reply #24   Dec 19, 2005 9:15 am
Bill wrote:
Have you ever actually tried out a Honda snowblower?  That infinitely variable hydro tranny is light years ahead of "disk drives".  No use for a CVT tranny on a snowblower?  What if you want to crawl beside the house and then take off at a faster speed?  The disk drive requires that you come to a complete stop, shift in to a higher gear, then start again.  With the Honda, you can seemlessly shift speeds on the fly, no stopping.  There really is no comparison.  I could never go back to a disk drive tranny.  Everyone who has tried out my Honda says the same.

Just the crawl factor of that Honda tranny is amazing.  As slow as you want to go, awesome.  Is there a chance of expensive failures?  Sure, there's a chance.  But my friend owns a Honda dealership, and has not seen one single failure since Honda introduced the Hydro tranny in 97 or 98.  They are bulletproof.

Yes ive tried the Hondas  out. I have snowblower around my House and property before rain storms to prevent flooding with my machines. Never needed anything lower than 1st. My ariens and sears can shift on the fly. And I can move my mahine in the off season much easier than the Honda.

Side note, at the Big county fair, OPE dealer was showing 4 or 5  brands of machines. Alll the Hondas were gasses up, and a few from each other manufacturer. I ran the honda here. They gassed all the Hondas to move them to and about when setting up. The other machines rolled freely without much help.

Ariens 1128PRO- Honda Generator_ Husky 480-257 Jonsered 2050Turbo- Shindiawa T2500 SCAG Mower -little wonder blower-Sears track blower-Coleman Generator- Bombadier ATV-Stihl HS-45 Etc-Etc-Etc
RnB213

Reply #25   Dec 19, 2005 10:35 pm
Toro 828LXE is the Top rated snowblower in North America source Consumer Reports Magazine

Toro/Lawnboy, Simplicity, Snapper, Husqvarna,Jonsered, Briggs, Tecumseh,Kohler,Honda
newjerseybt

You want it done right?...You better learn how to do it yourself!

Ariens 1128DLE
Ariens 8526LE
Honda HRC216
Bosch 3221L
Craftsman DYT4000
Stihl FS90R

Reply #26   Dec 19, 2005 11:07 pm
Who would you rather believe...

a multibillion dollar corporation that MAY derive certain "benefits" based upon the results of a particular review OR the people
in forums such as this one  who have no vested interest in the performance of their  purchased or trial tested  equipment  whether it was good or bad?

Mads

Rather be scared to death than bored to death

Reply #27   Dec 20, 2005 4:52 am
 Quote: Newjerseybt :
Who would you rather believe...

a multibillion dollar corporation that MAY derive certain "benefits" based upon the results of a particular review OR the people
in forums such as this one  who have no vested interest in the performance of their  purchased or trial tested  equipment  whether it was good or bad?

Well said!!!
Mads

Rather be scared to death than bored to death

Reply #28   Dec 20, 2005 5:01 am
ntrtuch:
"Who makes the strongest, most powerful, most durable snow blower?  Price isnt an issue.  I want to buy a new one and wanted to know who is the best of the best"

I just try (again) my neigbour's Honda track drive 1132 today. There is still hardened snow from the last snowstorm 16 inch last friday to blow. I am always impress by the will of this machine. I can tell you: If you got a lot of straight line to blow and dont want to be stop by nothing... this machine is impressive!  But again if you have to swerve around.... hard to steer. But not as bad as I remembered from the last time i use it. It's not that bad after all!

Garandman

Reply #29   Dec 20, 2005 5:53 am
ntrtouch wrote:
Who makes the strongest, most powerful, most durable snow blower?  Price isnt an issue.  I want to buy a new one and wanted to know who is the best of the best

Probably Oshkosh. They're roughly $450,000.

Or - did you mean you have a requirement for a residential snow blower and was wondering what best fit your needs for performance and durability?

That depends on  how much snow you get; and what area you have to clear; and what you can physically handle.

wally

Reply #30   Dec 20, 2005 11:34 pm
Just as there are people who swear that Fords are the ONLY vehicles to buy, so too are there GM or Chrysler fans who would NEVER buy a Ford!!!   Ever talk to a Volkswagen or Volvo fanatic?  So...what is BEST????  It depends on your perspective!!!  Do your research....make your choice.... and move forward!!!  You can only rely on other people's perceptions so far.  There are no clear-cut absolutes!!!

*(:>)*

newjerseybt

You want it done right?...You better learn how to do it yourself!

Ariens 1128DLE
Ariens 8526LE
Honda HRC216
Bosch 3221L
Craftsman DYT4000
Stihl FS90R

Reply #31   Dec 22, 2005 1:38 pm
Garandman:

That behemoth would look good attached on the front of my truck.  They should make Dodge Rams, Ford F250s etc with a PTO option so you can use a blower instead of a plow. The PTO could also be used with a variety of attachments.

jubol

Reply #32   Dec 22, 2005 1:49 pm
NJ,

Get a Unimog!!!

Fred

Husqvarna STE927(11.5HP) snowblower,  MTD Pro Series 18/42 Lawnmower, MTD 6.5 HP  Self Prop Lawn Mower,  Weedeater 1500 Blower, Web Gensis  2000 
Replies: 23 - 32 of 37Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42