Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Noma parts issue

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
NickM

Noma parts issue
Original Message   Nov 21, 2005 9:38 pm
I am looking for parts for a Noma 9hp snowblower.  Home Depot sold them a number of years ago and I am helping a friend fix one.  The part we need is a plastic circle at the bottom of the chute.  It is basically a plastic ring that has slots cut into it to accomodate the chute adjuster.  The chute it turned by a steel rod with a spring-like configuration at the bottom .  The spring-like part fits into the plastic slots on the part that I need as it is turned to adjust the chute position.  I am sure this is similiar to other machines.  I did find one site on the internet but their part was for a much smaller machine.  I would hate to junk a good running machine for a cheap plastic part.  Does anyone know of a source for Noma parts?  Thanks for the help.  I am sure there is snow coming real soon!!!
Replies: 5 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Kennyz1

Re: Noma parts issue
Reply #5   Dec 14, 2005 9:29 pm
OK, this sounds crazy but i was in a similar predicament with a seal i needed for a hydraulic jack, yeah i know it's not a snow blower but i couldn't find the seal to repair the bottle. I never crawled under the vhl i was lifting while using this jack but i trusted it enough to hold the weight of the car up until i could slide in a car jack stand...the solution i used for the plastic coffee can lid, i just traced it out to the side i needed, used a compass to score the plastic evenly and there i had it a perfect seal. It lasted about 5 more years....the larger size coffee can lid should have a circumfence large enough for what you are looking for. If you don't have a compass, use a realy sharp razor or exacto knife to cut it out.  Hope this helps.

When all else fails...use duct tape

RnB213

Reply #6   Dec 19, 2005 9:45 pm
My understanding is you need the inner and outter chute rings, that are still availible, as Murray parts through a Briggs dealer, the part number i cant really remember something like 585197 and 585195 i think which now would include a MA at the end.

Toro/Lawnboy, Simplicity, Snapper, Husqvarna,Jonsered, Briggs, Tecumseh,Kohler,Honda
paverdave

Reply #7   Oct 6, 2006 9:59 pm
Been trying to find parts too. My Noma Brute 523 trac snow blower needs a friction disk, but cant read the model # on it. Just bought it from a friend and no manual or paper work. Can anybody help me here? Believe it was a 2000-02 year- 23" cut  w/ 5 hp tecumseth motor.  Thanks Dave
Replies: 5 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42