Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Noma parts issue

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
NickM

Noma parts issue
Original Message   Nov 21, 2005 9:38 pm
I am looking for parts for a Noma 9hp snowblower.  Home Depot sold them a number of years ago and I am helping a friend fix one.  The part we need is a plastic circle at the bottom of the chute.  It is basically a plastic ring that has slots cut into it to accomodate the chute adjuster.  The chute it turned by a steel rod with a spring-like configuration at the bottom .  The spring-like part fits into the plastic slots on the part that I need as it is turned to adjust the chute position.  I am sure this is similiar to other machines.  I did find one site on the internet but their part was for a much smaller machine.  I would hate to junk a good running machine for a cheap plastic part.  Does anyone know of a source for Noma parts?  Thanks for the help.  I am sure there is snow coming real soon!!!
Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
Majorxlr8n

Re: Noma parts issue
Reply #1   Nov 21, 2005 11:30 pm
Nick - you may have some difficulty in locating the part. Noma machines were made by the Murray Corp, which has since been bought out by Briggs Stratton. Briggs is having difficulty in organizing the Murray parts numbering system, so I wish you luck.

Having said that, you might want to try Ebay for parts, or even consider purchasing another machine as a "donor" for parts. Also, look for a similar model in the Murray line for the part.

Can the old part be glued or reinforced to make it usable? Just a thought...

Best of Luck...

Marty

NickM

Reply #2   Nov 22, 2005 12:08 am
The broken part survived a few winters with a repair using zip ties.  It no longer will work without a new part.  The parts on the site referenced in the earlier reply look like they belong to a different machine.  I will check to see if Murray has any similiar parts available from one of their machines.  Thanks for the help.
nibbler

Reply #3   Nov 24, 2005 9:21 am
It would probably be better if yf you could get a metal replacement . One of my neighbours got a blower last year and it had the same type of toothed plastic ring so they should still be available. I don't remember the make but it had the "MTD" look to it. If you want I can look into but I'll need specs, IE make model and size of part.
MJT63

Reply #4   Dec 14, 2005 8:46 pm
Hey Nick, I have the same machine. I bought it in 10/94 at Home Depot. I still have the manual with the part numbers and so on.
If there's anything I can do for you, just ask.  Mike 
Mine is still running great.  That piece you talk about does get loose and slips from time to time.
MJT63@optonline.net

Honda HS1132 TAS
Kennyz1

Reply #5   Dec 14, 2005 9:29 pm
OK, this sounds crazy but i was in a similar predicament with a seal i needed for a hydraulic jack, yeah i know it's not a snow blower but i couldn't find the seal to repair the bottle. I never crawled under the vhl i was lifting while using this jack but i trusted it enough to hold the weight of the car up until i could slide in a car jack stand...the solution i used for the plastic coffee can lid, i just traced it out to the side i needed, used a compass to score the plastic evenly and there i had it a perfect seal. It lasted about 5 more years....the larger size coffee can lid should have a circumfence large enough for what you are looking for. If you don't have a compass, use a realy sharp razor or exacto knife to cut it out.  Hope this helps.

When all else fails...use duct tape

RnB213

Reply #6   Dec 19, 2005 9:45 pm
My understanding is you need the inner and outter chute rings, that are still availible, as Murray parts through a Briggs dealer, the part number i cant really remember something like 585197 and 585195 i think which now would include a MA at the end.

Toro/Lawnboy, Simplicity, Snapper, Husqvarna,Jonsered, Briggs, Tecumseh,Kohler,Honda
paverdave

Reply #7   Oct 6, 2006 9:59 pm
Been trying to find parts too. My Noma Brute 523 trac snow blower needs a friction disk, but cant read the model # on it. Just bought it from a friend and no manual or paper work. Can anybody help me here? Believe it was a 2000-02 year- 23" cut  w/ 5 hp tecumseth motor.  Thanks Dave
Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42