Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens ST824

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Kennyz1

Ariens ST824
Original Message   Dec 12, 2005 2:17 pm
Ok, here's the deal. I have an older ST824 in which the drive assembly finally went out. The drive spindle housing bolts stripped out due to the bearing seizing in the sleve. Now when i took it all apart, the shaft with bearing would slide by hand. I have been told a couple of different things. The first one being that i have to replace the whole assembly and it costs about 125-150.00 bucks. not a big deal. But do i really need it?I was wondering if i can direct bolt the assembly where the bolts stripped out of? this housing is aluminum and the threads were on the bolts.

Or does anyone have an st824 who knows their drive assembly is good and may want to sell it reasonably?

Thanks,

Ken

Replies: 2 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Kennyz1

Re: Ariens ST824
Reply #2   Dec 14, 2005 8:37 am
Send me your email address and i'll forward them to you. What pics in specific are you looking for?
Garandman

Re: Ariens ST824
Reply #3   Dec 14, 2005 6:23 pm
The Spindle Housing Mount 0s about $80. But the bearing is only around $10.
You could probably put some helicoils in. I think clearance is kind of tight so you might not be able to drill out the holes, retap  and go up a size in bolt.
Replies: 2 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42