Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > snow blowers

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
ranger56

snow blowers
Original Message   Dec 9, 2005 9:31 pm
i have a yard machine snow blower  and i hit a plastic wheel cover that was buried in the snow. the shear pin broke . i replaced it and started it back up and auger still doesn't work. is ther another pin somewhere or did it damage something else.do i need to look for something else that could go wrong.
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
gary31570

Life is a journey, enjoy the ride.

Re: snow blowers
Reply #1   Dec 9, 2005 10:39 pm
I believe Yard Machines are made by MTD here in Cleveland, but I do know MTD has a big parts operation online.
Do a google seach for MTD parts.
Provide your model and MTD probably has a diagram of your snow blower.

If that does not work, try another Google seach with the Yard Machine Model number; with the internet today, I am sure you will find a diagram.

Or. place the snow blower on a table and take it apart, looking for the cause of the break; make a picture of how it should go back together.

Good luck,
Gary

Cleveland,, OH
solara

Reply #2   Dec 9, 2005 10:43 pm
Belt?

2004-2005 Ariens 11528LE
Jacobsen snow-burst
Garandman

Reply #3   Dec 10, 2005 8:10 am
Take a look at the input shaft to the auger gearbox - carefully!

If it is turning, but the rakes are not, that's bad news as it's your auger gearbox. But someone is selling them on eBay for around $100, I think.

If it is not turning, you'll have to open it up (two bolts in an Ariens, dunno about yours) and look at the drive belt. You may have one, or two depending on model - one for the auger and one for the drive.
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42