Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > briggs and straton in the ariens snow blowers

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
snowbunny

briggs and straton in the ariens snow blowers
Original Message   Dec 9, 2005 10:33 am
so ariens is switching the engine in all snowblowers.   i was wondering if there  is much difference in the engine from the tecumseh.... i have heard some good things about the B&S engine so i look forward to any replys.

thanks and happy trails

thanks for all your help
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Garandman

Re: briggs and straton in the ariens snow blowers
Reply #1   Dec 9, 2005 11:27 am
I put an OHV B&S on an old Ariens and it is much quieter than the old Tecumseh L-Head, but that's not an apples/apples comparison.  I'll have to find someone with a 7524 in the neighborhood.

Ariens shows on their website dual sources and others say that the reason is simply that Tecumseh cannot keep up with demand from Ariens, who just sold their two millionth snow blower.
oakville

Reply #2   Dec 9, 2005 12:59 pm
wondering if i should have waited and gotten the 9.5 hp briggs instead of the 9.25 tec...
oakville

Reply #3   Dec 9, 2005 1:01 pm
looks like the 926LE briggs has ohv - one of the reasons i went with the dle was to get the ohv engine.  could have saved some significant $. 

i wouldn't be surprised if dle sales drop off compared to le.

faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #4   Dec 9, 2005 3:57 pm
Yes......that is the new news......I and others are waiting on our good friend Snowmann to give us the scoop on this......

Like I said on the other forum......

Intel chips in the new Mac's, B+S on Ariens.....WOW, what is the world coming to??

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42