Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens ST824 worth a rebuild?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
loubeck

Ariens ST824 worth a rebuild?
Original Message   Dec 7, 2005 8:29 am
I recently picked up the bones of an Ariens ST824 snowblower.  It's been sitting in a co-worker's shed for the past 4 years. 

It's currently missing the engine, wheels, and the chute.  Supposedly, my co-worker's brother has all the missing parts except for the engine.

Assuming that I can get the missing parts back, do you think this thing is worth getting rebuilt? The way I figure it is, if I spend a few hundred bucks to get this thing running again,, I'll end up with a much better machine than what I could afford if I bought a new one.

Also, if this thing is worth getting rebuilt, any idea what something like this would cost?

Thanks,

Lou

Replies: 8 - 10 of 10Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
al05

Re: Ariens ST824 worth a rebuild?
Reply #8   Dec 8, 2005 5:33 am
Hi I have an Ariens 824. Its a great unit. I need the lower right hand handle if you wana sell it?? Thanks...Al
loubeck

Reply #9   Dec 9, 2005 8:32 am
al05 wrote:
Hi I have an Ariens 824. Its a great unit. I need the lower right hand handle if you wana sell it?? Thanks...Al

Thanks but I think I'm going to hold onto it for now.

I still have to wait and see what parts I can get back from my buddy.

ynkstr

Reply #10   Feb 27, 2007 8:16 pm
I have a Ariens AT824 and it feels like it locked up on me at the end of snowblowing a couple days ago.

The elec. start just makes a terrible sound when pushed, and the pull cord can't be budged.

Anyone know what the trouble could be, and if so, what I can do to fix it.

Thanks, Bob

Replies: 8 - 10 of 10Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42