Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Electric Pneumatic Log Splitter - Power Fist YP5225 - and others

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
wally

Electric Pneumatic Log Splitter - Power Fist YP5225 - and others
Original Message   Nov 20, 2005 8:58 am
I've been researching electric log splitters... more practical for me than gas ones for storage, different locations, travel inside my van as opposed to trailering, etc...  and I came across the Power Fist YP5225 yesterday while visiting.   It's a 4 ton unit, 2 hp...and appears to be fairly solidly constructed.  Feature for feature, it compares with the machine Home Depot carries but appears to be a little more solid in body construction.  In fact, it also appears to resemble the DR 4 ton unit.  The TradeMaster imported by Home Hardware is a 5 ton unit of similar design.  I only need needs limited amounts of work and hate to rent tools.   Anyone any comments on one or more of the above?
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
helix_guy

Re: Electric Pneumatic Log Splitter - Power Fist YP5225 - and others
Reply #1   Nov 21, 2005 2:58 pm
I bought (on ebay) a Cental Machinery one, almost exactly the same as the Troy Built one, all I needed as a hydrolic line from Northern Hydrolics and it was fixed. I used it with a generator in the woods, thing worked great! it is noisey. only part I don't like on the electric-Hydrolic is you have to hold the motor button down, while you hold the trip lever with the other hand. this sort of leaves you leaning over the log that's being split. I really don't like my face that close to that much force, even if it moves very slowly.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42