Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > TroyBilt Reputation for Snowblowers (?)

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
clamneck2

TroyBilt Reputation for Snowblowers (?)
Original Message   Nov 12, 2005 9:07 am
Hi,  Could anyone give an educated opinion on how good of a two-stage snowblower Troybilt makes?  A friend of mine is paying a big league price for one he is about to buy, but as far as my limited knowledge goes, the only two brands worth buying are Ariens or Husqvarna.  Please help.  Thanks.
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
krislu

Re: TroyBilt Reputation for Snowblowers (?)
Reply #1   Nov 12, 2005 11:05 am
He is paying big bucks for an MTD. Which is not considered a Premium product. If he's willing to go for big bucks at least get a big Ariens or Simplicity or Toro or Honda.

- Kris

sabesh

"There's too much blood in my alcohol system"

Reply #2   Nov 12, 2005 11:09 am
MTD/Yardman was ranked #2 behind Toro in the Consumer Reports review. Cheers, Sabesh.
krislu

Reply #3   Nov 12, 2005 5:18 pm
I find nobody agrees with consumers reports and there tests. - Kris

Garandman

Reply #4   Nov 13, 2005 8:30 am
sabesh wrote:
MTD/Yardman was ranked #2 behind Toro in the Consumer Reports review. Cheers, Sabesh.

First, that review tested 2004 models. There are significant changes in most lines.

They tested new snowblowers and did not evaluate dealer support, parts availability, or reliability/durability, which they normally do for other products.

I have a 1970 Ariens and the local dealer has all the parts I needed or got them in a couple of days. The user, parts, and service manuals are readily available free or at low cost. CR did not evaluate this part of ownership. Nor did they explain their methodology, also atypical.
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42