Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Why Ariens Paint Peeling / Blistering

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
snowman

Why Ariens Paint Peeling / Blistering
Original Message   Oct 10, 2005 10:10 pm
Bought a Ariens 8526 last year and just dragged it out of storage.  Discovered the orange paint blistering and peeling in many places.  It's down to bare metal.  What happened?  It's never seen salt.

Is that how they make them now?  Looks awful, and I wanted to sell it.
Replies: 5 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
singercs

Re: Why Ariens Paint Peeling / Blistering
Reply #5   Oct 29, 2005 6:01 am
They had this problem quite a few years ago (early 90s)when I worked at a local dealership that sold Ariens snowblowers.

we used to get a few back that had the paint pealing right down to the bare metal, what the factory used to get us to do was sand and respray.

I see that whatever the issue was it is still around.

At that time the issue was improper prep work to the units at the factory level we were told.

Snowmann

Re: Why Ariens Paint Peeling / Blistering
Reply #6   Oct 29, 2005 11:56 am
singercs wrote:
They had this problem quite a few years ago (early 90s)when I worked at a local dealership that sold Ariens snowblowers.

we used to get a few back that had the paint pealing right down to the bare metal, what the factory used to get us to do was sand and respray.

I see that whatever the issue was it is still around.

At that time the issue was improper prep work to the units at the factory level we were told.

I recall this problem from conversations with those that were around in the ealry 90's. If I remember correctly, it was an insufficient cleaning process on the powder paint line.

Our paint system has worked really well since then. It's likely this is an isolated occurence.

This housing could be a "repaint" that wasn't processed properly. Occasionally, when a housing makes it to the assembly line with a paint defect, it is rejected and sent to be buffed and/or stripped and repainted. It could have picked up a contaminant that the paint line washer was not designed to remove.

Snowman, if you get a chance, I'd still like to see those pics so I can turn them over to our quality people.

PK

Replies: 5 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42