Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Craftsman Snow Throwers - Advice?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
PaleGreen

Craftsman Snow Throwers - Advice?
Original Message   Oct 5, 2005 10:57 am
Are the Sears Craftsman snow throwers any good? I'm looking for a quality two-stage unit with Briggs and Stratton power. These are the two models I'm considering:

$1200 - 88115 - 11.5 Intek, 30", steel chute, power steering, extra bells and whistles
$800 - 88195 - 9.5 PowerBuilt, 29", plastic chute

Is the top one worth the extra dough? How much of a difference is there between the Intek and PowerBuilt? Are there comparable models in my price range from other manufacturers?

My info:
Annual snowfall: 50" (Usually several large storms)
Property: Gravel driveway - approx. 80' long x 2 cars wide. Also - 20' gravel walkway.

Since it's my first winter on a new private road, I don't know what to expect in terms of plowing. It's possible I'll need to clear a 100' car-width path to the main road.
Replies: 1 - 11 of 11View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 11 of 11View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42