Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Which single stage thrower - Toro CCR3650 or Ariens 722-938018?? Others?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
livenlearn46

Which single stage thrower - Toro CCR3650 or Ariens 722-938018?? Others?
Original Message   Sep 5, 2005 10:39 am
Hi all,

This is my first post here. I live in the Chicagoland area. My driveway is 2 cars wide by 2 cars long but its sloped downward toward the street. So I like to use a single stage snowthrower to get the snow up all the way down to the pavement. I've been using a Jacobsen Sno-Burst for many years now and have been reasonably happy. But this year I'm ready to step up to a more powerful machine. I've been looking at the Toro CCR3650 and have recently noticed the Ariens 722. Then there is the 4 cycle Honda HS520, but thats a 5HP. Any comments on the Toro vs Ariens? or comments on the 2 cycle vs 4? Thanks.

-Mark

Replies: 4 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Re: Which single stage thrower - Toro CCR3650 or Ariens 722-938018?? Others?
Reply #4   Sep 12, 2005 5:46 pm
I want some snow to blow    Congrats on the purchase and take some pictures and post them up.  Use it for a bit and put up a review on it, then take more pictures of what it looks like in action. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

machXS1

Reply #5   Sep 27, 2005 9:53 pm
First post..great forum with lots o' relevant info!

I am in a nearly identical situation as Mark..Chicagoland w/ 2 car driveway. However, I'm *torn* between the Toro 3650 (electric) & Honda HS520A (recoil). Warranty work is not an issue since there are many dealers in my area. I'm leaning towards the Honda since it's 1) a Honda & 2) a 4 cycle engine (no oil/gas mixing). As far as I'm concerned, if we get more snow than a single stage can handle I'm taking a snow day! So, are there any Honda owners out there that are satisfied with the 5hp model?

Thanks!  

livenlearn46

Reply #6   Dec 14, 2005 11:16 am
I wound up buying the Toro 3650, and am I glad I did. Here in Chicagoland we had a 6" snow fall last Thursday 12/8/05. I fought my 14 year old son to be the first to use the blower (he did have to finish his homework first afterall :) ) The Toro went through the snow like butter. No problem throwing the driveway snow 25 - 30 feet. It cleared the EOD snow effortlessly. Later my son did go out and clear too. He was throwing the snow as high and as far as any 2 stage on my block. It cleaned down to the pavement, and the blower can pull both it and you along as fast as you want. At first there was some pull to the right but I just pushed up on the handle a little bit toward the left and that solved the problem. Was able to clear my 500 sq ft drive, and do the sidewalks of 6 homes in either direction 2+ times on a tank of gas. The engine is loud in the garage and there is the telltale 2 cycle engine smoke. But I dont notice the smoke or noise once I'm "in action". I'm very glad I went with it, and so is my son!!

-Mark

P.S. They are predicting another 3-6 inches later today! Bring it on! :)

loudsubz

Reply #7   Dec 14, 2005 12:24 pm
On  a side note, how far does the single stage units throw snow usually? My Honda HS35 doesn't seem to throw it that far, but then again I need to replace the rubber on the auger, so it might help a bit, but Im assuming in general single stage are about half of a good dual stage?
Replies: 4 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42