Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Kubota Lawn Tractors...

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Kubota Lawn Tractors...
Original Message   Aug 3, 2005 10:01 am
Hi...

Any 1st-hand use/knowledge or 3rd party comments about the Kubota lawn tractors...?  Have not seen one in operation...

Models:                    T1570A     T1670A     T1770A     T1870A                           www.kubota.com

Kohler engines:     15hp-1     15hp-1          17hp-2     19hp-2  

Deck:                         40"          40/44"               44"          48"

$$$                         2,400          ???               3,300          3,700

Build/quality seems good... single pedal hydro-drive is nice... (cruise control optional)...  pretty tight turning radius... mecanical steering is easy... mechanical PTO engagement... seems as good or better than equivalent Deere models... the 15hp 1-cylinder I tried was pretty quiet...quieter and less (no) rattles than the Deere...

All but the base model have the whole seat pan supported by 2 shock absorbers...

No need to go into intended use...

Thanks...

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Replies: 14 - 23 of 23Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Re: Kubota Lawn Tractors...
Reply #14   Aug 8, 2005 7:27 pm
Rob...

Thanks for this information.. I need a mower that mows taller... wet... grass... I get to the VT lot to mow "when I can"... 3" to cut... sometimes 10"... 24" once this year... grass which is at least quite moist...

I do not want a machine that has an easily clogging mower deck... My vintage Gravely doe not clog in any conditions it's faced... The old iron may be my best solution... versus spending $3,000 + tax to find out it dosen't  work well...

I also will eventually find out how the 3-point-hitch finish mower works in tall.... wet grass... I know the Gravely handles it...

The Cub Cadet 2544 looks like a good deal otherwise...

Man... a pain "in the grass" figuring this out !   I enjoy the research though...  ...sometimes the best solution... is to keep things as they are... but usually... things change...

Dave...

This message was modified Aug 8, 2005 by Dave___in___CT

Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #15   Aug 8, 2005 8:47 pm
I have a little voice in my head saying......Deliberate often... ...decide once. I have no idea where it is coming from.

Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #16   Aug 9, 2005 7:21 am
Marshall...

Yeah... deliberating tooooo much ! LOL...

Anyway... it's "fun" checking out the machines !

Dave...

Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

hcarlow

Reply #17   Aug 13, 2005 4:52 pm
Dave ,thanks for the info on the bcs snow blower attachment,much appreciated.

Herb

Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #18   Aug 13, 2005 7:44 pm
Thanks Herb...

Do you think the BCS for snowblowing fits your needs ?

Dave...

Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

hcarlow

Reply #19   Aug 15, 2005 9:04 pm
HI Dave,

Not  sure if the bcs snowblower is what I want or not.I have a big kubota tractor , the m5400 with a bucket  but I can't put a blower on it as it won't go slow enough for our big storms up here in Maine.I tried one but it wouldn't work,had to keep riding the clutch which is  no good for sure.The m5400 doesn't have creeper gears and no kit for them.I am looking into the self powered blowers that go on pickup trucks instead of a snowplow also .I have about 450' of drive way and a parking area, it would be nice to have a blower to get all the snow blown out of the way.I may end up buying a smaller hydrostatic drive tractor and put a blower on it if I don't buy a blower for the bcs.It takes me a good 2 or 3 hrs. to clean up all the snow with the kubota using the bucket .I have lots of room to blow the snow.I had a plow truck but the snow banks get to high to fast and I end up pushing them back  with the tractor anyways,a blower seems to be the best alternative.

Herb,

Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #20   Aug 16, 2005 8:47 pm
Hi Herb...

450' + parking... I would not want a walk-behind snowblower for that... tooo much time...

I assume the blower on the Kubota was/is a 3-point-hitch mount... maybe too much much snow in low speed for a full-width cut... OK... so leave some snow... then do partial cuts with no clutching... taking just enough cut for the ground speed...

Option... try a 3-point rear blade along with the loader... will speed things up.. rear blade can pull or push snow while you go forward or reverse... without changing the blade direction...

The tractor & blower w/ loader should handle it all...

Dave...

Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

nibbler

Re: Rear Blade
Reply #21   Aug 17, 2005 8:58 pm
I've seen pros who use a real tractor with a front and rear blade. They back up the driveway, use the rear blade to pull the snow away from the garage door., back up and then use the front blade to push the snow the rest of the way. Seems to work very well and is very fast.
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #22   Aug 22, 2005 8:48 am
Yep...

I usually plow going forward with the rear blade... even though the tractor goes over the snow 1st... it works pretty well... then use the loader to move the snow pile(s) left from the rear blade... depending on snow depth... I pull the snow 50-100' before raising the rear blade... the rear blade has side wings so it's a box blade design...

Dave...

Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #23   Aug 22, 2005 7:52 pm
a box blade design, a good setup you have.  Do you have a picture of this setup? 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Replies: 14 - 23 of 23Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42