Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Any bcs tractor owners out there, I have a question

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
hcarlow

Any bcs tractor owners out there, I have a question
Original Message   Aug 7, 2005 9:41 am
I just bought a used 830 bcs with a tiller and would like to know  if any of you have any experience with the snow blower attachment for it.I live in Maine so I have to deal with lots of snow here and we have a gravel driveway also.I was thinking about the two stage blower they now have for it .I have never seen it as we don't have a dealer for bcs in my area.I would like to know  how well they work and how rugged they are.

Thanks,

Herb

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Re: Any bcs tractor owners out there, I have a question
Reply #1   Aug 7, 2005 12:55 pm
Hello Herb and welcome,

Dave in CT has a BCS tractor and I believe has the single stage snowthrower attachement and as I recalled said it was a tremendous performer.  I am sure he will be along to let you know his thoughts.

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #2   Aug 7, 2005 4:24 pm
Hi Herb... and welcome to the OPE forum !

I have an older BCS 725 (8hp) tractor with a one-stage snowblower attachment... see the REVIEWS section of this form for my review on th BCS & attachments... it's an older review... so go all the way back...

Your BCS likely has "power steering"... which will make turning the machine/blower a lot easier than mine...

The 1-stage blower on mine is awsome !... even with just 8hp... and a 24-26" cut... it handles almost full-width... full-depth snow... and blows it FAR !... the downside to my machine / blower is I need to turn a lot... and it's not very EZ... and the machine is long... but on open go-straight passes... it's super... even in the roadside plow-pile... previously... I've used several 2-stage dedicated snowblowers over the years... the BCS out muscles all of 'em... but not as agile handling...

No experience with the 2-stage BCS blower... I am amazed how the 1-stage blows the snow! The heavy tractor and gear drive train do wonders...

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

andrus

Illigitimi non carborundum

Reply #3   Aug 25, 2005 2:50 pm
Probably outdated, but I just joined the forum. A resounding confirmation to CT Dave's reply. Bought my 725 in approx. '92 and got the 28" thrower with it. Its an animal! BCS didn't have a 2 stage then but claimed it would only get in the way of the primary stage. They run it at double the speed of existing blowers and with the mass, it would throw it as far as you could want. They told the truth! The only thing that ever stopped it was a 4-5 inch dia. piece of tree trunk and I pried it out with a bar and went right back to work. I sure wish it was easier to turn around as you plow though. When I get into the 80s I'll have to start looking for another way I guess.

Bob

kydbmaster

Reply #4   Dec 25, 2007 6:20 pm
I just bought a little used BCS 8 hp Kohler tractor and it has a 28 in snow thrower attachment.  It was sold because the owner moved out of snow country and has no use for it.  They said it was a powerful unit and worked very well.  I purchased the Unit for the tractor Not the snowthrower.  If you are interested in one I have this unit available for sale.  A new one will set u back $995.00 list.  I am willing to negotiate a price in this unit.  Contact me if you are interested.  smercer@iglou.com.

Thanks

Steve

This message was modified Dec 25, 2007 by kydbmaster
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42