Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > What's the group opinion on Deere Frontier snowblowers?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

What's the group opinion on Deere Frontier snowblowers?
Original Message   Aug 2, 2005 9:20 am
I know from reading a lot of posts here that many here favor the Ariens and Toro walk behind snow blowers, and that Simplicity has a good reputation as well. Since I own older Deere tractors, I'm occassionally at my Deere dealer for parts and I have often checked out the Frontier snow blowers he has on the floor. They LOOK like they should be a decent machine, and a real plus for me is the handle bars are high enough that I don't have to bend over like I do on my brother's Honda track machine (a mighty fine machine but built for people 6" shorter than me, I'm 6'-3") I haven't used one, and didn't want to take up my dealer's time having him demonstrate one when I wasn't actually in the market, but I am curious as to why they don't get mentioned here. I know that they are built by Murray, but to Deere specs (I assume). Are they high priced junk? Good machines, but I can match the quality for less money with an Ariens? Or excellent machines that cost so much, that most folks can't afford them? I seem to remember they were pretty expensive.

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Replies: 14 - 17 of 17Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Re: What's the group opinion on Deere Frontier snowblowers?
Reply #14   Aug 4, 2005 4:54 pm
Marshall wrote:
I've been hijacked, help! 

Bragger....
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #15   Aug 4, 2005 6:27 pm
Paula wrote:
Bragger....

Are you hinting to me baby?

Wait, Paula you're right, that's it.  I meant to say Tecumseh, not Honda. Yea, the Chief rules, Honda sucks hind tit.

I never could get Joe F and Bobby_P on here at the same time. Tsk tsk, could have been fun. Fix a little popcorn, kick your feet up, throw in a post just to stir the pot now and then........oh the good old days.
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #16   Aug 5, 2005 10:26 am
Marshall........come away from the dark side.......

you pot stirrer you.......  One can tell that we are in to the OPE doldrums...no rain, so slow mowing..too early to play with the snowblower.....no wonder Marshall is posting boat stuff......

Time to get some edging done, perhaps some chain saw trimming done before winter......you can think about rototilling up everything in the garden soon.......sealing the driveway before winter...........insulate, recaulk, get a good coat of wax on all cars, trucks and OPE.......
See there is still stuff to do.........

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #17   Aug 5, 2005 12:11 pm
faithfulFrank wrote:
Marshall........come away from the dark side.......

you pot stirrer you.......  One can tell that we are in to the OPE doldrums...no rain, so slow mowing..too early to play with the snowblower.....no wonder Marshall is posting boat stuff......

Time to get some edging done, perhaps some chain saw trimming done before winter......you can think about rototilling up everything in the garden soon.......sealing the driveway before winter...........insulate, recaulk, get a good coat of wax on all cars, trucks and OPE.......
See there is still stuff to do.........

Frank D.

Frank, it's my ornriness coming out. If too much time goes by without any havoc, a man has to create some. LOL 

All that normal seasonal stuff is standard issue.  Though, I have decided wax thing isn't what it use to be so I've turned that over to my son.

Buff boy, I said buff!

Replies: 14 - 17 of 17Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42