Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > What's the group opinion on Deere Frontier snowblowers?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

What's the group opinion on Deere Frontier snowblowers?
Original Message   Aug 2, 2005 9:20 am
I know from reading a lot of posts here that many here favor the Ariens and Toro walk behind snow blowers, and that Simplicity has a good reputation as well. Since I own older Deere tractors, I'm occassionally at my Deere dealer for parts and I have often checked out the Frontier snow blowers he has on the floor. They LOOK like they should be a decent machine, and a real plus for me is the handle bars are high enough that I don't have to bend over like I do on my brother's Honda track machine (a mighty fine machine but built for people 6" shorter than me, I'm 6'-3") I haven't used one, and didn't want to take up my dealer's time having him demonstrate one when I wasn't actually in the market, but I am curious as to why they don't get mentioned here. I know that they are built by Murray, but to Deere specs (I assume). Are they high priced junk? Good machines, but I can match the quality for less money with an Ariens? Or excellent machines that cost so much, that most folks can't afford them? I seem to remember they were pretty expensive.

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Replies: 1 - 17 of 17View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 17 of 17View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42