Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Kubota Lawn Tractors...

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Kubota Lawn Tractors...
Original Message   Aug 3, 2005 10:01 am
Hi...

Any 1st-hand use/knowledge or 3rd party comments about the Kubota lawn tractors...?  Have not seen one in operation...

Models:                    T1570A     T1670A     T1770A     T1870A                           www.kubota.com

Kohler engines:     15hp-1     15hp-1          17hp-2     19hp-2  

Deck:                         40"          40/44"               44"          48"

$$$                         2,400          ???               3,300          3,700

Build/quality seems good... single pedal hydro-drive is nice... (cruise control optional)...  pretty tight turning radius... mecanical steering is easy... mechanical PTO engagement... seems as good or better than equivalent Deere models... the 15hp 1-cylinder I tried was pretty quiet...quieter and less (no) rattles than the Deere...

All but the base model have the whole seat pan supported by 2 shock absorbers...

No need to go into intended use...

Thanks...

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Replies: 1 - 10 of 23NextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Re: Kubota Lawn Tractors...
Reply #1   Aug 3, 2005 4:58 pm
I have always liked these LT's Dave and have had my eye on them as my next mower once I have beaten my Craftsman LT to death.  $2400 for a Kubota is pretty sweet!  Wish I had some first hand info for you.

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Majorxlr8n

Reply #2   Aug 3, 2005 7:31 pm
Dave - I had an older one (about 7 years old) a few months back, model T1400H. It was built very well, quiet & cut nicely. Easy to work on too. Can't comment on the new ones...

Marty

Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #3   Aug 3, 2005 7:31 pm
Hi...

Looked at Husqvarna lawn tractors today... The YT1848XP has an 18hp-twin Kawasaki engine... 48" cut... hydro lever-controlled drive... for $2,300... beats the equivalent Kubota by ~~$1,400 on price... but not quality...  

Also looked at the Ariens zero-turn riders... look like pretty good values !...

Toooooo many makes & models to consider & choose from... price... build quality... overall value... performance... etc... 

Cutting grass should not be so complicated !

Dave...

This message was modified Aug 3, 2005 by Dave___in___CT

Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

robmints

Reply #4   Aug 3, 2005 8:58 pm
PM 44Z

The New Gravely 44Z Gives You More

More width. More Muscle. More Profits. All with the new compact 44Z Zero-Turn from Gravely. A broader 44-inch deck gives you the ultimate in mowing productivity. Wider monster tires in the front and back provide a smooth, stable ride. And a rugged 17-horsepower Kawasaki engine is there to help tame your toughest lawns. Agility, performance and comfort in a compact design: Gravely 44Z Zero -Turns are built to keep you cutting. Put some brawn into your business. And reap major profits at every turn.

17 HP Kawasaki Twin     $5499

FEATURES PM 44Z
9 MPH standard
7 Gallon Fuel Tank standard
44" Deck standard
Air-Flo Deck™ standard
Maintenance Free XL Spindles™ standard
Hardened Steel Blades standard
Quick Release Spring Assist Foot Lift standard
Self-Adjusting Belts standard
Bagger System optional
Mulch optional
Due to updated improvements, prices & specifications are subject to change without prior notification.

Dave,
Should come in around 5K.  The real price was a little less than 5K plus tax last year.  I see it says 5499, but I remember a lower quote from the dealer. They looked pretty nice.  Maybe the Gravely guy would take a trade.  Would you consider a nice walkbehind?  You, and the rest of the nice people here helped me a lot with the purchase of mine.  Didn't get the hydro, but it does a very nice job much more quickly than the tractor type mower.  A nice commercial walkbehind would, I feel,  be more durable and manueverable than most tractors you could pick, plus give a better cut.  Just thinking out loud.  I think you said your son had a hydro walk, so I guess you have already considered one, but I thought I would throw my hat in the ring.
MountainMan

Overpowered is Usually Adequate

Reply #5   Aug 3, 2005 11:02 pm
HAvnt used the Kubotas, but can Strongly vouch for getting the Kawasaki Twin on whatever you choose. Have Many friends in the buisness who use ( and abuse) kawasaki motors, and they keep running strong.

Including My Kawi powered Scag.......MM

This message was modified Aug 3, 2005 by MountainMan

Ariens 1128PRO- Honda Generator_ Husky 480-257 Jonsered 2050Turbo- Shindiawa T2500 SCAG Mower -little wonder blower-Sears track blower-Coleman Generator- Bombadier ATV-Stihl HS-45 Etc-Etc-Etc
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #6   Aug 4, 2005 3:29 pm
Robmints...

You genius... you !

I never considered a large-cut commercial walk behind for the VT lot... That may fit the bill quite well !   ...a 48" deck gives a good amount of side trimming space... (better than a tractor)...

Now... that I only have "trimming" to do there... (now cutting with a 3-point-hitch 72" finish mower... 2 1/2 hours...)  (30 minutes trimming with the vintage 5-foot deck Gravely garden tractor...) ...a 40"+ cut walk behind would do the job... and I have my small yard here in CT... and one elderly couple's yard I do here with their 21" mower...  so a commercial walk behind can easily be transported in my pickup bed to/from VT...

Ahhhh... another good option to ponder ! ...perhaps the best solution to more than one mowing job... !

There's been a local ad for a little-used 48" Gravely commercial walk-behind... I'll see if I can find the ad...

Thanks for the idea Rob...

MM... yeah... the Kawi seems to be "the choice" for commercial mowers... !

Dave...

This message was modified Aug 4, 2005 by Dave___in___CT

Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

hcarlow

Reply #7   Aug 5, 2005 1:22 pm
Hi Dave,

Not to get off the subject but I read your great review on the bcs tractor.I just purchased a used 830 with a tiller but was wondering how rugged the snow blower is as I live in Maine and get lots of snow here.I read one post somewhere a guy said the auger was very cheaply made and was destroyed just by hitting a small rock in his driveway.I have a long gravel driveway and would like to use the bcs to take of it  this winter .Any advice you might have would be greatly appreciated before I go out and buy one as I have yet to see one.

Thanks ,

Herb

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #8   Aug 5, 2005 10:36 pm
That would make the job sweet Dave. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

robmints

Reply #9   Aug 5, 2005 10:55 pm
hcarlow wrote:
Hi Dave,

Not to get off the subject but I read your great review on the bcs tractor.I just purchased a used 830 with a tiller but was wondering how rugged the snow blower is as I live in Maine and get lots of snow here.I read one post somewhere a guy said the auger was very cheaply made and was destroyed just by hitting a small rock in his driveway.I have a long gravel driveway and would like to use the bcs to take of it  this winter .Any advice you might have would be greatly appreciated before I go out and buy one as I have yet to see one.

Thanks ,

Herb

http://www.abbysguide.com/ope/reviews/39-0-1.html
Dave's review.

Don't know how it would do on gravel as it is a single stage.  But they do have rather nice skids that can be set rather high.  I have never used a BCS blower but based on how they look, I think your friend might have them confused with something else.  Have you seen one in person?
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #10   Aug 7, 2005 4:38 pm
Hi Herb...

See my reply to your seperate BCS post...

Have not seen the 2-stage blower... so no comment on it...

My 1-stage has beefy augers... thicker that many / most /all dedicated walk-behinds... (no impeler on a 1-stage)... and a very very substantial gearbox the commercial dedicated walk-behind blower match... no problems with obstacles / damage... have only picked up and thrown chunks of ice... and some smaller stones... it's a "animal" of a snow blower!

Dave...

Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Replies: 1 - 10 of 23NextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42